What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Where can I track the Blu-Rays I own? (1 Viewer)

Bart

Stunt Coordinator
I used to use a site called dvdtracker.com for my DVDs. Apparently I was unknowingly supporting "Pro-gun stuff for pro-gun folks". :frowning: Anyway, are there any similar sites or software out there for tracking Blu-Ray purchases? Back in the early days of DVD collecting, I loved adding new purchases to my list and moving movies from the "Want" category to the "Own" category. :)

Bart

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
DVD Profiler is the best known (and the actual best, to me) program for tracking your collection. The Premium version costs 30 dollars (paying for it is the only downside to it, actually) and you can add DVDs, as well as HD-DVDs and Blu-Rays. Excellent program.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I second DVD profiler. I've used it for years and been very happy with it. You can filter your collection by disc type (DVD, HD DVD, Blu-ray).

Bart

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys, I installed DVD Profiler on the weekend to try it out. I liked it so much, I purchased the premium version to take advantage of all the features! I love the extended functionality and customization available via the various user-designed plugins, reports and layouts. I checked out the other programs and sites suggested in this thread as well, but DVD Profiler seems to fit my needs perfectly. Now I just have to spend a few days entering UPC barcodes!

Bart

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
UPC bar codes? Do people really enter those by keyboard (vs a bar code reader or a disc reader)? Is the accuracy of going that route really worth the effort (assuming the database is actually *that* accurate)?

For myself, I just type in the first several characters of the film title name and then pick the one that looks right to me (if there are multiple choices).

_Man_

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

I like knowing I have the right profile entered. If you enter by title, you stand a greater chance of getting a wrong UPC. And if that happens, you'll probably never get any updates to the profile.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I’ll add another vote for DVD Profiler.

I've used the purchased product for years and find it to be the best one available.

As for entering UPC codes, I use a handheld bar code scanner that does a great job.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomkzufomsg
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale