What's new

Where can I order the Denon AVR-1802?! (1 Viewer)

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Sorry for the exclamation in the subject line, but I'd like to get an order in tonight! :) I just placed my order for a full set of JBL's Studio line as well as all my Acoustic Research Pro Series cables. I'll be ording a Marantz carousel form hifi.com but I don't have any links to a good, cheap, reliable online retailer that carries 1802's. I've never shopped for HT equipment online, so I'm not at all familiar with the retailers.
Any help is much appreciated!!
:) :)
- a very anxious, Adam Bluhm

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Hi Adam,
Do you want Authorized or unauthorized? If the former go to Denon's website and find the list of Authorized on-line dealers. The full warranty will apply just as if you bought over-the-counter. Unauthorized will yield the best pricing but the warranty will have to be handled with an add-on and will not usually be handled by Denon.
You can easily do a search for websites handling the 1802. Use any search engine you're familiar with...or visit the likes of http://www.dealtime.com/CompareDeals...35E8A9C29E58}, etc.

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Paul. I'll have a look at your site. I have one bookmarked, but the site doesn't look all too professional. All my searches came up with reviews of the product, not so much retailers.

I'll have a look.....

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Okay. I just talked to a fellow at http://www.soundpros.com/ (as well as ordered the 1802 :D :emoji_thumbsup: :D ) and I have no worries. He was very coureous and reassured me that I absolutely do have the full warranty to work with, as long as I can prove the date of purchase. Hang on to those receipts!! :) He did everthing except read me my ammendment rights. ;)
I do, however, appreciate the info, Paul. I was able to pay $405.00 for a final price (shipping included). It'll come all the way from California to Pennsylvania. I should have it by Friday.
Can you guess who's excited?! :D

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Adam,

Congratulations on the purchase of your 1802. Let us know how the transaction with SoundPros goes as I'm also familiar with this vendor and their prices, but am not aware of how well their service is.

I had a chance to demo the Yamaha HTR-5560 for the past three weeks which wasn't too bad of a receiver. However, I just re-installed my Denon 1802 this evening for my tastes in listening to music, the Denon sure packs a "punch" - something I couldn't quite feel with the Yammy. I was also a few minutes away from ordering the Yammy RX-V1200, but decided to hold off. I'll look into the very promising Denon 1803 which should be with us in about two months.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your 1802 when it arrives. It should provide all the features and power you need.

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Wayne. I appreciate it. :)
So far, I'm happy with ordering from both The Sound Pros. and hifi.com. I ordered a Marantz CC-3000 from hifi. They were most courteous as well.
I'm still new at this, even though I just started researching and getting into HT's six short months ago. I've read nothing but good about Denon, yet I still feel overjoyed every time I read a good review about it. It'll be paired with JBL S26II's, by the way. :)
I ordered everything tonight, except for the subwoofer cable, TV, and DVD player. I'm anxiously awaiting the RP82 from Panasonic.
Thanks again for the reply. I'll be on cloud 9 this Friday. :D

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Wayne, this is just a bump to the top so I don't forget about this thread. I just received my Marantz CC3000 via UPS today. The box was in good to excellent shape (thank God!) so I'll probably test it with my Panasonic all-in-one HT mini-system tonight. :)
I'm at work typing this, so I haven't had a chance to even look it over yet. I'm hoping to receive my order from The Sound Pros on Friday. If I receive it okay, I'd recommend ordering from them. The price was nice, their service was excellent, I've received confirmation emails, so an in-tact, full functional product is all I need!
:cool:

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
I received the receiver yesterday but couldn't pick it up from work until this morning. I'll let you know the condition it came in when I get a better look.
Good news: It came on time. No hassles.
Bad news: None yet. :)
So far, so good with the Sound Pros, Wayne. They seem like a good place to order from.
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Adam,

Do post your thoughts after you've had the opportunity to enjoy your 1802. I bought my 1802 last September and have nothing but praise for its performance.

Reg

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Okay. They'll have to wait at this point. I'm having difficulty finding L brackets to get the speakers up high. The room has no place for stands for the rears and I don't want to drill holes in these JBL's.

BTW, this is my first HT and all my pieces came this past Friday, minus the TV and DVD, which will be out in July.

As for the current setup, it's just a Marantz CD changer throught the Denon powering two JBL S26II's which are sitting on the floor. This being my first HT, I'm already pleased with the sound!

I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks