1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Where Are Toshiba's New (Progressive) DVD Players?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChristopherC, Jul 17, 2001.

1. ChristopherC

ChristopherC Agent

I've been anxiously awaiting the release of the Toshiba 4700/5700 models. They're progressive players that supposedly also play DVD-Audio... msrp is around $400.
    My question is, where are these players? They were supposed to be released in early June, yet now it's mid July and they're still not out yet.
    Anyone have any info on when these players will really be available? Thanks for any info...
    Chris

2. Matt Heebner

Matt Heebner Stunt Coordinator

When I first heard about them, I went to a local A/V shop and asked about them. The store had them listed in their computer with a release date of the third week in July, and with prices (of at least the 5700) at $349. This weekend I was going to pop in and see if they had any on the shelves yet. I think that in the next week or so, they should start appearing at stores.
    Matt
    ------------------
    Sony DB930
    Pioneer DV-525
    Mitsubishi WS55807-Widescreen baby!!
    Paradigm Titans-mains
    Paradigm Atoms-surrounds
    Paradigm CC-170-center
    Velodyne CT-120-subwoofer

3. ChristopherC

ChristopherC Agent

Thanks for the update Matt. Yep, I'll have to stop by a couple places this weekend to see if they've started arriving yet....
    Chris

4. Thomas Jenkins

Thomas Jenkins Auditioning

I have a 4700 on order from a local store for $250. They said they were expected a week and a half ago. I don't often buy electronics right when they come out, so I'm assuming the delay is pretty normal.