What's new

Where Are Toshiba's New (Progressive) DVD Players? (1 Viewer)

ChristopherC

Agent
I've been anxiously awaiting the release of the Toshiba 4700/5700 models. They're progressive players that supposedly also play DVD-Audio... msrp is around $400.
My question is, where are these players? They were supposed to be released in early June, yet now it's mid July and they're still not out yet.
Anyone have any info on when these players will really be available? Thanks for any info...
Chris

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
When I first heard about them, I went to a local A/V shop and asked about them. The store had them listed in their computer with a release date of the third week in July, and with prices (of at least the 5700) at $349. This weekend I was going to pop in and see if they had any on the shelves yet. I think that in the next week or so, they should start appearing at stores.
Matt
------------------
Sony DB930
Pioneer DV-525
Mitsubishi WS55807-Widescreen baby!!
Paradigm Titans-mains
Paradigm Atoms-surrounds
Paradigm CC-170-center
Velodyne CT-120-subwoofer

ChristopherC

Agent
Thanks for the update Matt. Yep, I'll have to stop by a couple places this weekend to see if they've started arriving yet....
Chris

Thomas Jenkins

Auditioning
I have a 4700 on order from a local store for $250. They said they were expected a week and a half ago. I don't often buy electronics right when they come out, so I'm assuming the delay is pretty normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks