What's new

Where are some good places to score SNES games? (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I just got an SNES yesterday on whim w/ a copy of Super Mario RPG (best game EVER) for $34 (which is about the price SMRPG goes for on eBAY ;) ). The SNES is a piece of shit (looks like someone literally dragged it behind their car), and it is dying for a cleaning, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place besides EB and GAMESTOP where I can find older SNES games? :confused:

I should really send my parents the bill for all this stuff because they gave it all away when I was a kid ;)

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
It's a lot of work, Darth, but garage sales rule for that sort of thing. I was at one last summer where I scored about 30 SNES, NES, and Genesis games for $10. I sold most on eBay and made a pretty good penny.

That wasn't your parents' house, was it? I noticed a lot of the games had "Property of Rob" scribbled in crayon on the back.;)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I found a game or two off the internet. I was able to score MegaMan X2 from a friend and MMX3 from FuncoLand's website.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Funcoland and similar stores charge ridiculous prices for SNES games. The best way to go is checking all the area pawn shops once a week or so. SNES games are in low demand, so if someone pawned their whole collection, you'll likely be able to cherry pick it. One time I came across 80 NES games someone had pawned and I was able to get the 7 of them that were rare for $2 each.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I needed some stuff to play, so I got Super Metroid for $20 and F-ZERO for $5 at my local Funcoland today... I was really surprised to see that they had SM :) (well worth it). I am really lovin' Super Metroid... I have never played it before :b

Alright, I am going to check out some pawn shops and stuffs around Fort Lauderdale after next week (Spring Break, w00t!)

I am trying not to get any games I already have (well, I had Super Mario RPG, but I lent it to my friend 5 years ago and he has since moved... heheh) because there is still a small chance I can recover some games from my now-grown-up cousin that wrongfully inherited my SNES ;)

Any suggestions for cleaning the SNES? (it's the grimiest console I have ever seen) :D

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I have a local video store that buys and sells used games. They literally have hundreds of titles for consoles ranging from Atari 2600 to Nintendo 64. Their prices are dirt cheap too. A few months ago I got a used Super Nintendo plus a handful of games to entertain a kid I was babysitting for $30. If there are specific titles you're looking for let me know and next time I'm in there I'll see what they've got. I could have it in your mailbox within a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks