What's new

What's your gaming rig look like? (1 Viewer)

Ray Warner

Stunt Coordinator
Spare no detail (or photo, if you've got 'em) as to what you've done to build a decent gaming rig. I've got a few projects going right now, so I'll post some pictures when they're presentable.

One can be seen in the "Current Projects" link in my signature.

I'm not just talking about having all the consoles, though. Some people have gone out of their way to re-create classic arcade cabinets, or they have homemade sticks, or their Xbox sports a few "additions", etc. If you've got it, show it off here.

Rob_V

Agent
Nothing special. 57" widescreen HDTV, 5.1 surround, Xbox console. It's surprisingly sweet ... everyone on this board should have an Xbox.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
from the older thread
http://homepage.mac.com/dfbennett/PhotoAlbum11.html

Here's my setup now that I've moved out of the dorm and temporarily into my parent's house(until I land a job and move out).
The weird thing on top of my center channel speaker is a remote control extender so I can control the DirecTV box in the other room that is mirrored on my TV(we've just got the one direcTV box).
The equipment list is:
27" Samsung Dynaflat TV(with Anamorphic Squeeze mode)
Onkyo 494 DD/DTS reciever
Polk RT35i speakers
Polk CS245i Center
Sony DVP-S360 DVD Player
Sony 5 Disc CD Changer w/ optical out
Panasonic 4 head hifi VCR.
Samsung SIR-70 multisatellite DirecTV Box in other room mirrored with remote control extender
PS2, XBox(soon to be modded to run XBox Media Player), and Gamecube
Yamaha 8" 150w sub
2 audio source 2 way surrounds.
Powemac G4, 17" monitor, stocked mini fridge and way too many remotes.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Ray- the consoles are all unmodded, I don't like to fool with the electronics other than opening up for a lens cleaning.

James- Here are some links: Link 1 Link 2 Link 3
If you really wanna buy an HTPC case look at the newer models, this one is a pain to open and you have to buy the VFD seperately.

James St

Supporting Actor
Nice pics Scott. The new 5 series case looks very nice. Any word on price or availability?

Dave A.

Grip
He's mine since i mostly do PC gaming ( i am a reviewer for PC parts and a avid case modder)...I designed upper and lower vid card coolers for my set up, and i have had orders for the lower ones ..the upper ones is a bit difficult to reproduce, plus i need to work on it;)

The vid end is fed to a 19 Viewsonic A90f+ UltraBright

Sound is handles through a SB Audigy Gamer and 2.1 Creative Inspires.

Case is custom made (i did all mods on it and has a egyptian theme:)

Hope you all like:)

Dave A.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Tim, did you get the cabinet next to the TV in your main room from Ikea? If so, I have the same one as you. I was having a real problem with ventilation (Reciever was becoming hot to the touch). I see you've removed the thin back board. I'll see if I can get some pictures of what I did. I decided to get a couple 12V Computer fans, splice some wires, and hook them up to a variable voltage DC connector. I have them placed behind my Reciever and CD Player. The fans are hooked up via DC power to the extra outlet on the back of my Reciever, so when it goes on, the fans go on.

I'll try to get some pictures up as soon as I can...

EdR

Second Unit
Here's my stuff crammed onto a shelf:

NEC LT260 projector
Logitech Z680 surround
PS2
Xbox
JVC component switch
Panasonic RP-82 DVD
Gamecube

Some screens (80" diagonal):

MotoGP2

THPS 4 (in 720P)

Shot from Monsters Inc.

from T2:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks