What's new

What's the LFE cut-off on the Onkyo TX-DS676 (1 Viewer)

I'm playing around with my sub and trying to figure out what sounds the best (calibrating a sub is a lot more work than the other speakers!).
I have my X-30 controller set to 100 Hz (I have a Servo-15), but I have no clue what the cut-off is on my Onkyo TX-DS676. I've looked at the specs for my receiver, but I don't see anything mentioned in the specs about it.
So, does anyone know? If it's lower, I would like to lower the cut-off on the X-30.
Also, is the phase control supposed to set where you get the most bass output?
Thanks in advance!

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
I believe the cutoff for any recievers LFE channel is 120hz.
Earle

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
No, most are 80 or 100Hz. Perhaps you mean the bandwidth of the LFE channel, that would be 120Hz. Two different things.
--
Holadem

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Are you talking about the highest frequencies in the LFE track or are you talking about the crossover point for the sub with an Onkyo receiver (ie at what frequency speakers set to small have there info sent to the sub).
Depending on which you wanted, both the previous responders can be right. 120hz is as high as LFE tracks go and the sub crossover in an Onkyo reciever is fixed at 80hz. I don't know if the Onkyo sends the greater than 80hz LFE info to the mains or sends it all to the sub though.
------------------
Dustin
[email protected]
My Adire Tempest Sonosub

I was talking about the cross over point for my sub with my Onkyo receiver. So, you guys answered my question, and you taught me something I didn't know about previously!! Cool!! :) Now I can more accurately set my X-30 cross over cut off.
I have all my speakers set to small (Paradigm Monitor 9s, cc-350, Mini Monitors). If the receiver's cut off is set to 80 Hz when all the speakers are set to small, what should I aim for for the cut-off on the X-30 (I was thinking 90 Hz)? I know different rooms will alter the point at which the sub and mains will blend well, but it would be nice to know a general cut-off level to begin with. It will make it easier for me to calibrate the sub!!
Again, thanks for your help. I really appreciate it!

Francois L

Stunt Coordinator
Dustin, you should set it to the higher position to get the filter of the receiver(80hZ) has far as possible has the one inside your controller.
------------------
"My god, it`s full of stars!"

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I would bypass the X-30,if you can.
there is no need for two Xovers in the same "path".
------------------
"You Hungarians always disagree"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks