What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (6 Viewers)

Likecats

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Received these DVDs from Walmart.com on Tuesday, Thursday, and yesterday.
6e3b94ca-cfd5-4990-9355-fd6bd6d2c942.6c07999a15961e2898b2f83d8ab0b362.jpeg
s-l500.png
629821ab-b01d-4387-9f6b-32871b40d7c7_1.769392535fa6d36e6e54eab8958deb1c.jpeg
1b8ed109-bae4-4b70-945c-e954aa51d758_1.e6d98f033eee630911f37ba4833c3529.jpeg
945e045e-826c-45c9-a5c9-05956d9baf70.c5e9e63328ace16ce9fe5f72b4339c4d.jpeg

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
S8V1 has an episode with Mike Connors (pre-Mannix) filling in for an ill Raymond Burr (recovering from surgery at the time)
Raymond Burr was about to have surgery in the sixth season (he missed four episodes) and pre-filmed four scenes to be inserted later (two episodes showing him in the hospital and two recovering in his apartment.

The reason for the two episodes missed in the eighth season (the other with Barry Sullivan, filmed two in a row but not broadcast in order) are less clear. At least one source says it was a negotiating ploy (Burr was getting tired of the series and said publicly that the eighth season was the worse) but CBS threatened to replace him with Mike Connors. Burr returned.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey Mike! Did you and Peg end up enjoying Ozzie and Harriet? Curious minds want to know. ;)
Just a couple episodes in. We've had other stuff get in the way of O&H!

SO far, though, so good!

Even though I know O&H had been doing a radio show for a while, it seems like they were really focused on establishing characters for the TV audience in those first few shows. I'm guessing things probably moved pretty quickly though (not that anything, apparently, ever moved that quickly in their universe)! :laugh:

(I still haven't done anything about My Three Sons, either, Jeff.) A lot going on.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I'm guessing things probably moved pretty quickly though (not that anything, apparently, ever moved that quickly in their universe)!
Ha! Very true. But a very amusing "not moving quickly" universe. Glad you're (seemingly) enjoying the show so far. It boggles my mind that the Nelsons were recording a weekly radio show simultaneously during those first few TV seasons. That's one busy family!

(I still haven't done anything about My Three Sons, either, Jeff.) A lot going on.

Yep, isn't there always. Thanks for the reply, Mike!

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I received this today. Purchased on eBay for $11.99. They don't make 'em more corny than this one but I love it! You will recognize many of the actors playing widowed Christine Massey's seven kids. For example Cindy Carol who I know from Donna Reed, Wagon Train and her seven Leave It To Beaver appearances, and twins brothers Dack Rambo and Dirk Rambo. If I didn't know better I'd think Loretta Young was trying to cash in on the success of The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet. You can see the entire series for free on YouTube. Yeah I'm a sucker for this kind of sentimental stuff. Have some Kleenex on hand.

51-5X6ZoyGL.jpg

The New Loretta Young Show - Christine's Children Series

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Rockford Files Movie Collection Volume Two, the latter 4 telefilms from the '90s. Friends and Foul Play, Punishment and Crime, Murder and Misdemeanors, If It Bleeds...It Leads. I now have the entire Jim Rockford saga, with the great James Garner's immortal series itself on Mill Creek's great Blu-ray set.

Gunsmoke: The Long Ride, 1993 telefilm filmed in New Mexico with James Brolin and Ali McGraw. Second-to-last of the great James Arness' final appearances as the legendary Matt Dillon. Thankfully released by Kino-Lorber, along with the final Gunsmoke telefilm, One Man's Justice from 1994.

Perry Mason final season 9, volume 2. The last 15 episodes of the long running series in the 1965-66 season, including their single test episode produced in color.

Love American Style season one volume one, 1969-70. Junk TV that I was occasionally forced to watch by my high school girlfriend. But it has it's moments in this set with Sid Caesar, Ozzie and Harriet, Eddie 'Rochester' Anderson, Flip Wilson, Bill Bixby, Connie Stevens, Yvonne Craig, Harrison Ford, Barbara Rhodes, Gary Lockwood, Larry Storch, Judy Carne, Tina Louise, Broderick Crawford, Diane McBain, Arte Johnson, Carolyn Jones, Red Buttons, Rich Little, Jessica Walter, Dennis Day, Hans Conried, Dana Wynter, Morey Amsterdam, Shelley Fabares, Tom Smothers, Leslie Parrish, Leslie Anne Warren, Andy Devine, Peter Marshall, Joe Flynn, Ruta Lee, Regis Philbin, David Hedison, Brenda Benet...and the goofy, surreal interstitial segments with Stuart Margolin, Tracy Reed, Lynn Marta and players...dumb, sometimes funny...but cheap price makes it a buy, especially to see Ozzie and Harriet in their later years.

Last edited:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Kino-Lorber made-for-TV movies on Blu-ray from their recent sale:

The Screaming Woman, 1972 Universal TV movie starring Olivia De Havilland, Joseph Cotten, Walter Pidgeon, Ed Nelson, Larraine Stephens et al. Based on a Ray Bradbury short story and directed by the great Jack Smight.

Target: Harry, 1968 pilot telefilm intended to launch a proposed I-Spy inspired action/adventure series for ABC starring Vic Morrow, Suzanne Pleshette, Michael Ansara, Victor Buono, Cesar Romero, Ahna Capri and Charlotte Rampling. Filmed on location at Monte Carlo and Istanbul. Directed by Roger Corman under his pseudonym Henry Neill. I wish it had worked out as a series for the great Vic Morrow. He would have deserved it. Released theatrically in 1979 with added nudity.

From Amazon, also released by KL:
The House That Would Not Die, 1970 ABC telefilm starring Barbara Stanwyck, Richard Egan, Michael Anderson Jr., Kitty Winn, Doreen Lang, Mabel Albertson et al. Directed by John Llewellyn Moxey (The Night Stalker). Atmospheric, superior ghost story.

Disney Movie Club Blu-ray exclusive of The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh. Aired originally in three parts on Sunday night's Disney's Wonderful World of Color in February 1964. Humbled to receive this as a gift from a good friend! First time I'd seen it since first run when I was eight years old! Very nostalgic to see Uncle Walt's charming onscreen introductions! And good ol' Patrick McGoohan, surely one of the all-time greats...on a roll with Disney in 1964, along with The Three Lives of Thomasina, and about to relaunch ITV's Danger Man in the superb 60 minute episodes of the next few years!

Purple Wig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alan
Kino-Lorber made-for-TV movies on Blu-ray from their recent sale:

The Screaming Woman, 1972 Universal TV movie starring Olivia De Havilland, Joseph Cotten, Walter Pidgeon, Ed Nelson, Larraine Stephens et al. Based on a Ray Bradbury short story and directed by the great Jack Smight.

Target: Harry, 1968 pilot telefilm intended to launch a proposed I-Spy inspired action/adventure series for ABC starring Vic Morrow, Suzanne Pleshette, Michael Ansara, Victor Buono, Cesar Romero, Ahna Capri and Charlotte Rampling. Filmed on location at Monte Carlo and Istanbul. Directed by Roger Corman under his pseudonym Henry Neill. I wish it had worked out as a series for the great Vic Morrow. He would have deserved it. Released theatrically in 1979 with added nudity.

From Amazon, also released by KL:
The House That Would Not Die, 1970 ABC telefilm starring Barbara Stanwyck, Richard Egan, Michael Anderson Jr., Kitty Winn, Doreen Lang, Mabel Albertson et al. Directed by John Llewellyn Moxey (The Night Stalker). Atmospheric, superior ghost story.

Disney Movie Club Blu-ray exclusive of The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh. Aired originally in three parts on Sunday night's Disney's Wonderful World of Color in February 1964. Humbled to receive this as a gift from a good friend! First time I'd seen it since first run when I was eight years old! Very nostalgic to see Uncle Walt's charming onscreen introductions! And good ol' Patrick McGoohan, surely one of the all-time greats...on a roll with Disney in 1964, along with The Three Lives of Thomasina, and about to relaunch ITV's Danger Man in the superb 60 minute episodes of the next few years!
DB1EF3BA-55A1-44A7-965A-4696BF227C82.jpeg

Unfortunately all the added nudity was by Cesar Romero and Victor Buono.

But seriously Randall, all those tv movies sound great!

Regarding Vic Morrow, check out Johnny Ramone’s t-shirt here:
5E848C41-C5F5-46C0-8062-C8BA32174E3F.jpeg

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Target: Harry, 1968 pilot telefilm intended to launch a proposed I-Spy inspired action/adventure series for ABC starring Vic Morrow, Suzanne Pleshette, Michael Ansara, Victor Buono, Cesar Romero, Ahna Capri and Charlotte Rampling...
Released theatrically in 1979 with added nudity.
Unfortunately all the added nudity was by Cesar Romero and Victor Buono.

Ha! That was just what I was going to say, Alan. That I hoped the extra European nudity was courtesy of Ahna Capri and/or Charlotte Rampling, and not Victor Buono. ;)

And yes, terrific list of recent acquisitions, Randall - hope you enjoy! Gotta love those cool '70s TV movies.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Traveled up north of Kyoto to the mountain retreat of a friend of mine, and he kindly gifted me - among many assorted movie DVDs and Blu-Rays - the following TV series sets:

The Streets of San Francisco S4 (Volumes 1 and 2)
The Streets of San Francisco S5 (Volumes 1 and 2)
(As I already own the S1-3 Megapak, this completes the series for me.)

91kb49-9MtL._SL1500_.jpg

s-l500.jpg

The Brady Bunch S1 (R2 U.K. version)
Not a show I'd likely buy on my own, but for free...why not?

51g-nSc6YpL._AC_SY445_.jpg

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Traveled up north of Kyoto to the mountain retreat of a friend of mine, and he kindly gifted me - among many assorted movie DVDs and Blu-Rays - the following TV series sets:

The Streets of San Francisco S4 (Volumes 1 and 2)
The Streets of San Francisco S5 (Volumes 1 and 2)
(As I already own the S1-3 Megapak, this completes the series for me.)

91kb49-9MtL._SL1500_.jpg

s-l500.jpg

The Brady Bunch S1 (R2 U.K. version)
Not a show I'd likely buy on my own, but for free...why not?

51g-nSc6YpL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Nobody ever gives me any free DVD's!
icon_e_angry.gif

Except Jeff Flugel. :)

Trek_Eyes_Rolling.gif

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Alice Season 1
Wondering if they will do a complete series set for this. It's my #1 most want tv set right now. Watching so much One Day at a Time has made me really want it.

Walmart had My Favorite Martian complete for $25!! Plutotv has a channel for this I think. But this set is so much better, which we all know. :D I don't think I've ever seen an episode and such a big fan of Bill Bixby and Mr. Hand!! (Ray Walston)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Callan Sets 1 (Season 3) & 2 (Season 4) (used at Bull Moose). I'd already had an old UK set for the episodes in Set 1, but I figured as long as I was buying one of them, I might as well buy both.

It'd've been nice if Acorn released the existing b&w episodes, along with the pilot (the Armchair Theatre episode) and the two sequel movies. I have copies of them of questionable provenance (and a UK DVD for the first sequel film, Callan: The Movie, which is a theatrical remake of the pilot), but it'd be nice to have a nice "As Complete As Possible" set.

I should probably grab up the current Network releases, which are most likely fresher masters than what I have already. They seem to have everything except Callan: The Movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks