What's new

What's the best deal on a 32" HDTV capable TV? (1 Viewer)

Jim S Crawford

Auditioning
Hi People!

I want to replace an aging 27" set with an HDTV capable monitor that needs to fit in a entertainment center with a 36" wide opening. A 34" or 36" would be nice but they seem to be either too expensive or too big. I'm trying to spend less than $1500. I saw a Sony 32" and a Toshiba 32" at Best Buy. Maybe because of the settings, the Sony seemed to have a better picture. I think the Sony was about $1395 and the Toshiba about $1300.
For what it's worth, I expect to be replace my old DVD player with a progressive scan model and I use Dish Network. So, anyone who has bought something like this or has researched sets like these, I would sure appreciate any advice or recommendations.

Thanks Jim Crawford

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Jim
I got a 32XBR450 at the Sony outlet store for $1049; at the time CC had the same for $2k.
Same warante as CC and not a problem in a year (knock on wood).
If there is one close to you, check them out
Grant

Dan Ponze

Stunt Coordinator
Check out the Panasonic also. It's the most compact of all32 inchers for cabinets and is a fantastic picture. I love mine and the 32 inch is $1399.

RyanSR

Grip
I would go for the Samsung 30" 3098 widescreen TV. It is a very attractive set and can be calibrated for a picture that competes with the other 'big' names. For most DVDs, you are actually getting more viewable screen area than the 32" TVs.

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
I would actually do the samsung 3096, same tv less 3/2 pulldown, definetly not worth the differnce in price.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I just picked up a sony 32HV600 (replaces the 32" XBR). I got it at Fry's for $1299 when they had their sony sale. I love it so far. I looked at all the brands and models. Finding this set at this price sealed the deal. It's the best 32" but also costs more. But at this price it was cheaper than the pani and the same as the toshiba.

RyanSR

Grip
Well, if you want the BEST bang for your buck, I picked up the 3097 for $899 by picking up directly at their warehouse in Queens. This one has better sound and has 3:2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks