What's new

Whats Happened To The Blade Runner S.E (1 Viewer)

jez

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody from Warner out there can give some info on the the release of the rumoured Bladerunner S.E
A magazine over here in the UK had an interview with Ridley Scott saying how he had recorded the audio commentry and that was a while back.
Apologise if this has been covered, as you can see i am new.
Thanks for any info

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
i believe this will be a 2 disc set with a couple of versions of BR-plus outtakes etc..

They were planning for the 20th Anneversary, which would have been in 2002.

------------------

Joe D

Supporting Actor
AHHH... I've been holding out on the current copy of Blade Runner for this reason. Please release this film or I'm going to go insane.
------------------
Joe Dahlen
"Take hold of the flame, you've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain."

Kristoffer

Second Unit
Warner can't we just get a two disc with the director's cut of Blade Runner in a remastered version. New transfer and sound. And maybe a scott commentary!
I will gladly douple dip on the three disc SE, when it comes out:emoji_thumbsup:
And think a lot of people feel the same way! Think of Terminator 2..

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
You will find some in depth discussion in the ongoing SE thread in software. Click the link in my signature (The_official_Blade Runner SE thread. There are other helpful links in my sig that will aid in your curiousity.

Real Name
Anthony
Zen, we obviously share a passion for Blade Runner. With all the excitement about the Star Wars trilogy arriving, I feel a bit "outside the party", knowing that the BR SE is still in limbo.

But I'm really worried now that it simply will not turn up at all. Let's face it, how long until the DVD format is superceded by HD-DVD ? Three years maybe ?

There's a Warner chat coming up and we need to get some idea if this is ever going to happen. If nothing comes of that, then I think there needs to be a concerted effort to have this interim version done.

Of somewhere in the region of 230 hits my petition has taken, there has still only been fifteen actual posts - and four of them was us arguing !

I hope this only reflects that many are holding out for the SE - because if this is an indication of people's enthusiasm for Blade Runner, then there's even less incentive for anyone to get this mess sorted out.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I'm not sure that a lack of posts in here will mean much to Warner Bros. It seems pretty clear to me we all want an SE of Bladerunner, and if they can only get rights to the director's cut that now exists on DVD, at least they could re-release it with a spruced up transfer and commentary track. Surely those are not in legal-rights limbo.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks