What's new

What was your favourite TV show of the 80's (which had all of its seasons released) (1 Viewer)

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
davidHartzog said:
Miami Vice, followed by Crime Story, two of the best, most innovative and influential series.
Liam Neeson's appearance on Miami Vice in 1986 made him into one of the biggest sex symbols in Ireland. Really erotic when he locked lips with Saundra Santiago, him wearing a towel in a short scene, and him wearing a buttoned down sleeveless shirt.I bet all his fangirls were breathing heavy and drooling when that episode aired.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
DisneySwan1990 said:
Liam Neeson's appearance on Miami Vice in 1986 made him into one of the biggest sex symbols in Ireland. Really erotic when he locked lips with Saundra Santiago, him wearing a towel in a short scene, and him wearing a buttoned down sleeveless shirt.I bet all his fangirls were breathing heavy and drooling when that episode aired.
I musta missed that one.....fortunately. :)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'll get ribbed for this answer, but if it must be a show that has been released in it's entirety I have to say The Cosby Show. Very underrated as a great family sitcom.

Gary "don't make fun of me too much for that answer" O. :P

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
DisneySwan1990 said:
Everybody in this post loves The A-Team? Anyone saw the 2010 flick?
No, I honestly try to steer away from movie remakes. I did watch The Beverly Hillbillies but that was a different story.....

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Gary OS said:
I'll get ribbed for this answer, but if it must be a show that has been released in it's entirety I have to say The Cosby Show. Very underrated as a great family sitcom.

Gary "don't make fun of me too much for that answer" O. :P
My only problem with The Cosby Show was that, like many sitcoms of those years, it got preachy and issue driven after 4 seasons or so. But those first 4 years are comedy gold! :)

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
I'll get ribbed for this answer, but if it must be a show that has been released in it's entirety I have to say The Cosby Show.
What's wrong with The Cosby Show, it was a great sitcom and the ratings indicate as much (#1 for 5 straight years!). I agree with BobO' Link though, the first few seasons are the best, I didn't really care for the later seasons (especially when Pam was brought in).

Getting back to the topic of this thread, My favs are:

The Cosby Show
Family Ties
The Golden Girls
Knight Rider
Simon & Simon
The Wonder Years (complete series coming very soon! :thumbs-up-smiley:)

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
davidHartzog said:
I really liked Night Heat, did not know it was available on DVD.
Whoops, my mistake, I forgot that you were only supposed to list your favourite shows that have been completely released on DVD. Unfortunately, Night Heat has not been released on DVD and I don't think it ever will be?! This is a bit of a cult hit, it has a loyal fanbase including probably some US fans as it aired on CBS (it was the first Canadian series to air in the USA). The rights were owned by Alliance Films who was bought by eOne Films last year. Alliance released many different shows on DVD a few years ago but for whatever reason they never released any seasons of Night Heat. Now with eOne owning the rights, its anyone's guess if they will do anything with these series or just leave them in the vault to collect dust?!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Cheers
The Cosby Show
Designing Women
Family Ties
Gimme A Break!
The Golden Girls
Night Court
Punky Brewster
Soap

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
Miami Vice & Remington Steele. Haven't bought Vice yet because I'd read the image could be better. Soooooo wish that was on blu-ray!!

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Wvtvguy said:
Miami Vice & Remington Steele. Haven't bought Vice yet because I'd read the image could be better. Soooooo wish that was on blu-ray!!
Good thing you didn't buy Miami Vice because Universal will be re-releasing all 5 seasons on May 6 with single sided discs.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
If I had to pick only one, it would be a miniseries, Shogun (1980).

For a series, that's also hard to choose, but I guess mine would be Matlock (1986-94) although that series carried over into the 90's.

Others that are very close together with Matlock are

Winds of War (1983) / War and Remembrance (1988) - both miniseries

A Team (1983-87). I know :) but it's a fun show, one that I'd never seen before the DVD releases.

Highway to Heaven (1984-88). I just began watching this show on the Mill Creek DVD's but I'm almost certain that it will rank high in my 80's list once I get further into the series. (complete release available in R2)

Hill Street Blues (1981-87). Thanks to Shout, it's on the way.

A surprise "like" for me is Knight Rider (1982-85). Another one not seen before the DVD release.

Masada miniseries (1981)

Mission:Impossible (1988-90)

North and South miniseries (1985)

Police Squad (1982). May be along with "Firefly" and "Star Trek" (TOS), the worst case of studio execs pulling the plug too fast on a series.

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
Jeff Willis said:
For a series, that's also hard to choose, but I guess mine would be Matlock (1986-94) although that series carried over into the 90's..
Matlock ended in 1995.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks