What's new

What was with Janet Leigh's character in The Manchurian Candidate? (1 Viewer)

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I thought maybe she was actually a man and only he saw her as a woman, being brainwashed, at first because she says she was one of the Chinese workmen who build the railroad, but her character isn't clearly explained. Can anyone explain what the heck her character was all about?

Butch C

Second Unit
I love the movie and i think its great but I have absolutly no fucking idea what the fuck that conversation on the train was about or how it fit into the film.

None.

Not a one.

Absolutly

positivly

no idea.

Anyone?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
No, but doesn't anyone else find it troubling that a 39 year old Angela Lansbury was playing mom to a 37 year old Lawrence Harvey? :)

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit
No, but doesn't anyone else find it troubling that a 39 year old Angela Lansbury was playing mom to a 37 year old Lawrence Harvey?
No more troubling than Jessie Royce Landis (10 months younger than Cary Grant according to IMDB) playing Cary Grant's mom in NORTH BY NORTHWEST

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
No, but doesn't anyone else find it troubling that a 39 year old Angela Lansbury was playing mom to a 37 year old Lawrence Harvey?
No, but I would have had a hard time with a 37 year old Lawrence Harvey dating a 39 year old Angela Landsbury (not as his mother you perverts). Angela aged up pretty fast in her 39 years. I shutter to think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks