What's new

What was NBC doing Monday night? (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I noticed that the show in the 9:00pm CDT hour Monday night appeared to be in 16x9 widescreen, but a fuzzy, blurry upconvert, not HDTV. Did anyone else see this?
- Steve

Mike I

Supporting Actor
nbc is doing 4 of their drama series in widescreen but not HDTV just crappy NTSC on there analog or NTSC pass thru to their local digital channels...
------------------
[Edited last by Mike I on September 25, 2001 at 06:12 AM]

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
'Crossing Jordan' was widescreen SD, not HD. Some affiliates showed it zoomed (similar to Fox's 16:9 SD shows). There were rumors that it'd be HD from episode 2, but I don't believe it. NBC should be ashamed since competitors ABC & CBS are way ahead of the game in HD.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Looks like last night was the pilot -- no regular opening credits. Isn't it possible that they didn't want to shot in HD until they knew the show was picked up?
Dunno if the pilot was actually shot widescreen (SD) either. Could be that they cropped it to avoid "confusion" in subsequent weeks. Network execs seem to worry about stuff like that....
//Ken

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Well, thank goodness NBC did not zoom e.r. this evening. My zoom of 480i material looks better than theirs.
Let's hope they step up to some real HD this season.
- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks