What's new

what speakers to go with? (1 Viewer)

jiannu

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
I have a Yamaha HTR 5990 reciever and I would like to know what 5.1 speaker set up is good for this reciever? anyone have any suggestions? I do like Klipsh senergy line up but they are a bit pricey:P

Saul_M

Agent
Real Name
Saul_M
What price range are you willing to work with? All (5.1) speakers for under 1000? Under 600? etc.... I can only give suggestions on what speakers you should give a listen to. The decision will be made by what you and your ears like. Drop a line.

Saul

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
If you like klipsch then you might look into BIC. They have those horn tweeters too.

Seth=L

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have been very pleased with my Paradigm speakers with my Yamaha receiver. There are several models that might fit your budget. It is my understanding that Paradigm is a real bargain for Canadians.

THERUIZFAMILY

Auditioning
Real Name
RICK
sorry dont want to hijack your thread....started another.... se here's a bump for you...

Rick

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

Not as much anymore because the dollar is weaker. (bargain compared to what we pay in the states it was and still is to some degree). In anycase, seconded the recommendation. Tastes vary, but for me klipsch doesn't come close to touching paradigm.

There are also internet direct brands which are excellent in this range as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks