what speakers to go with?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by jiannu, Aug 10, 2006.

1. jiannu

jiannu Auditioning

I have a Yamaha HTR 5990 reciever and I would like to know what 5.1 speaker set up is good for this reciever? anyone have any suggestions? I do like Klipsh senergy line up but they are a bit pricey[​IMG]

2. Saul_M

Saul_M Agent

What price range are you willing to work with? All (5.1) speakers for under 1000? Under 600? etc.... I can only give suggestions on what speakers you should give a listen to. The decision will be made by what you and your ears like. Drop a line.

Saul

3. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

If you like klipsch then you might look into BIC. They have those horn tweeters too.

Seth=L

4. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I have been very pleased with my Paradigm speakers with my Yamaha receiver. There are several models that might fit your budget. It is my understanding that Paradigm is a real bargain for Canadians.

5. Brian_cyberbri

Brian_cyberbri Stunt Coordinator

What's the budget? $500? $2000?

6. THERUIZFAMILY

THERUIZFAMILY Auditioning

sorry dont want to hijack your thread....started another.... se here's a bump for you...

Rick

7. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Not as much anymore because the dollar is weaker. (bargain compared to what we pay in the states it was and still is to some degree). In anycase, seconded the recommendation. Tastes vary, but for me klipsch doesn't come close to touching paradigm.

There are also internet direct brands which are excellent in this range as well.