What;'s with Third watch??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marc Carra, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Marc Carra

Marc Carra Supporting Actor

Did anyone catch the season premier of Third Watch this week? I tivo'ed it and watched it last night. To my surprise , Faith's daughter has aged about 5 years overnight!?! What gives? If they were going to change actress's they could have at least chose a girl in the same agegroup, and not a foot taller than the original Emma. Whenever they make a change like that, it just puts a wrench in the whole believability(sp?) of the show. Even though she's not a main character, it just bugged the hell out of me.

Marc.

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Huh. I can't remember this happening in non-fantasy shows since "Family Ties". Any other recent examples?

(Of course, I think Worf's son on TNG & DS9 should count, since his extraordinarily rapid maturation wasn't acknowledged in the script).

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

i thought third watch was cancelled...i know they show it on a&e in the u.s., but i thought they were just showing reruns...

4. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    Nope, its not cancelled. I missed the season opener too [​IMG]

5. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Here is the bigger continuity problem...

The Blackout episodes were intended for the 2000-2001 season. Blackout Part I was supposed to be the season premiere. But due to the events of September 11th, 2001, the Blackout became the season finale.

In the first part of Blackout, no mention is made of Tatiana, or of Bosco's panic attack, or even of Ty's & Carlos' relationship. But when Part II, the season opener for 2002-2003, aired...these holes were magically fixed.

Personally, I would have preferred that the producers shelved the blackout premise and created a season finale & season premiere that fit the continuity better.