What's new

What Projector can I get for 1000 or less??? (1 Viewer)

HazemA.

Auditioning
I ran into some money and I'm buying a car, ibook and a projector. After budgeting, I have 1000 for the projector. What is the highest quality projector i can get to watch movies on for this price limit?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Really depends what you are willing to undergo in terms of time and effort. You can get some decent little DLP and LCD units in this pricerange, if you do some hunting you might stumble across a good-condition CRT projector at this price, or if you buy a used CRT from a reputable source you should be able to get a good 7in unit or slightly used 8in ES unit for around this price. Any of these will throw a far superior picture than the digitals, but they are a project, if you're a gear-head type dude it might be perfect though.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

I vehemently disagree with anyone who says any such thing about projectors, speakers, etc. There is no such thing as a "best." Different people have different requirements. I for instance, would scarcely call that even close to the best under a grand. Others certainly would. What anyone, including myself thinks is the best, is irrelevant unless our specific goals are the same as hazem's, which we don't really know.

HazemA.

Auditioning
Hey ChrisWiggles, thanks so much for that. Hopefully I will be purchasing this within a month. Can't wait to enjoy great huge picture, and remeber i'm only 15...how much can I brag now, lol.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Just make sure Hazem that you have a good return policy and some free in home demo time with it. I tried the X1 and although the picture quality is amazing the rainbows made it unwatchable for me.

Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks