What's new

What movie? (1 Viewer)

Ike

Screenwriter
A friend asked me if I knew what movie this was-I don't, but figured if anyone did, it'd be the HTF'ers. This is incredibly vague-she said it was an old B&W film, that had a scene of a Military officer on trial near the end. She said that they knew he was guilty because he was using those metal stress balls. They doesn't make sense to me, but whatever. It sounds like it may be The Caine Mutiny, but I haven't seen it.
I know that's so vauge that it's painful. :D

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
** Warning - spoilers ahead.**

It does sound like the Caine Mutiny. Humphrey Bogart plays a naval captain who is punctilious about detail to the point where he becomes over-obsessive and makes life hell for his crew (e.g. at one point he has the ship searched from stern to bow looking for a missing can of peaches). Eventually the crew mutiny and Bogart is brought for court martial, and in a classic scene, Bogart cracks up under examination. He has a pair of metal worry beads in his hand that he plays with obsessively and the shots of him playing with his balls (so to speak) help to build up the tension.

It's a v. good movie and I'd strongly recommend it.

Ike

Screenwriter
I had a feeling-I believe I may have seen it, but just didn't remember it, or at least have seen the clip somewhere, that's why I guessed it. Thanks for the confirmation, Andrew.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks