What's new

What kind of pen to sign a guitar with so it stays? (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Have a chance at meeting John Paul Jones of Led Zep tonight and am going to try and bring my old Epiphone Les Paul knockoff for him to sign.

What kind of pen does one use to sign a guitar so it becomes permanent? Sharpies? Or those black felt tippers from elementary school.

Thanks!

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Very cool Carlo!

I guess a sharpie is as god as anything else, but I would rather have him sign the cover on a vinyl LZ II!

BGL

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Took a Sharpie home and tried it out on a really obscure spot. Looks like it will be permanent! :emoji_thumbsup:

I would have him sign a vinyl except that I have none. My dad had a few Zep albums but they're at my parents' house (330 miles away) and I can't get 'em here in time.

This guitar thing may fall through anyway: I have to first convince the doorman to let me bring it in and then I have to see if it's cool w/ the band to have them (all) sign it. Don't want to just ask JPJ and treat the rest like chopped liver. ;)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

Dude. You have a chance to be in the same room with JPJ, Jimmy Page AND Robert Plant?????
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

I have idolized these guys since 1970. I did see Plant and Page in 95 or so. Best show I ever saw.

I am envious!

BGL

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
No no.

Just JPJ. He's playing for a band that I follow.

Actually it's Glen Phillips (formerly of Toad the Wet Sprocket) and Nickel Creek's pet project called Mutual Admiration Society.

Apparently when Nickel Creek toured England JPJ walked up to them after a show and said he was a fan.

The MAS CD was just released and they'll be touring to promote it. They needed a bassist so they called JPJ and he said yes! Super sweet.

Would be cool if Page and Plant just showed up though ;)

But it's in Hollywood so I doubt those two are local...:D

It is in a small club though (prolly caps at less than 150 people) and I've been there hundreds of times, so the doorman will probably recognize me by sight (Glen sure will) and that might be my ticket to get the guitar signed...or not.

gregD

Second Unit
You will be amazed at JPJ's solo effort.

Pagey and Plant -- and Bonzo -- are/were great, but it's too easy to overlook JPJs contributions to Zep.

His current music is instrumental and monstrous.

Oh, by the way... Sharpie --- King of All Markers...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks