1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What is wrong with Mariah Carey?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom-G, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    I've heard that Mariah Carey has been going through some personal problems and had to check herself into a hospital, but I haven't been keeping up with the latest on her. I also heard that last week, she was acting very strange on TRL and did a striptease for Carson Daly. Does anyone know what's up? And does anyone have pictures of the striptease? [​IMG]
    I've always liked Mariah, although I enjoyed her early work more, so I hope everything turns out ok.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

2. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

Hmmmm, the last person I'd expect to be a fan of Ms. Carey's music is a "Project Mayhem" member...how un-Tyler Durden-ish of you. [​IMG]
    She's been hospitalized for "exhaustion"...which is usually Hollywood slang for "substance abuse problems." But there's no proof she has problems with drugs or alcohol--if she does them at all.
    I'm not a fan of hers, but I've read reports on her erratic behavior in the past few weeks and it's quite puzzling. Who knows what's going on.

3. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    Yes, it is very "un-Durdenish" of me, but I must be honest. [​IMG] I do enjoy some of her music. She certainly conveys an attitude of "I'm so great" in her interviews, but she is hot and I don't care what kind of attitude she has.
    I haven't a clue why this was moved. The thread about Ben Affleck was moved to the After Hours Lounge because it dealt with his personal life, not his career, so I figured the same logic would apply with this topic. Guess I was wrong! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Tom_G on August 08, 2001 at 05:16 PM]

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I moved it- probably could go either way- but Tom did say he was a fan of her music [​IMG]
    To be 100% honest, the music area is a bit slow, so I take any opportnity to move some interesting posts in hopes of attracting some discussion over this way.
    If Tom thinks it would be better in AH, I'd move it back.
    -vince

5. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    No, Vince that's ok. It doesn't really matter. I was just a little perplexed as to why it got moved, but like I said, it doesn't matter. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

6. Sebastian_M

Sebastian_M Stunt Coordinator

There always been some controversy surrounding Mariah. Remember back last year when she got food poisoning from some clams? Or when she went out with that guy from NSYNC (lucky bastard)? Or when there was a debate raging because she insisted that she was African-American? I've never been a fan of her music, I personally don't think she has a good singing voice but I find that she's always in the news. She just released a new album too I think. I saw the video for the first single on MuchMusic. There's nothing new in her music, but the video was GOOD! [​IMG] And seriously, someone get back to us on the striptease! [​IMG]
    Seb
    ------------------
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.