What's new

What is wrong with Mariah Carey? (1 Viewer)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I've heard that Mariah Carey has been going through some personal problems and had to check herself into a hospital, but I haven't been keeping up with the latest on her. I also heard that last week, she was acting very strange on TRL and did a striptease for Carson Daly. Does anyone know what's up? And does anyone have pictures of the striptease?
biggrin.gif

I've always liked Mariah, although I enjoyed her early work more, so I hope everything turns out ok.
------------------
ep2.jpg

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Hmmmm, the last person I'd expect to be a fan of Ms. Carey's music is a "Project Mayhem" member...how un-Tyler Durden-ish of you. :)
She's been hospitalized for "exhaustion"...which is usually Hollywood slang for "substance abuse problems." But there's no proof she has problems with drugs or alcohol--if she does them at all.
I'm not a fan of hers, but I've read reports on her erratic behavior in the past few weeks and it's quite puzzling. Who knows what's going on.
I also heard that last week, she was acting very strange on TRL and did a striptease for Carson Daly. Does anyone know what's up? And does anyone have pictures of the striptease?
I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find them. I'd too, like to see vidcaps of this. :)
As a sidenote: why was this moved from After Hours to Music? Unless I'm mistaken, this has nothing to do with her songs or albums.
If Ben Affleck's alcohol problems can be moved from Movies to After Hours, then I would think this subject should be moved back to its original location.
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Yes, it is very "un-Durdenish" of me, but I must be honest. :) I do enjoy some of her music. She certainly conveys an attitude of "I'm so great" in her interviews, but she is hot and I don't care what kind of attitude she has.
I haven't a clue why this was moved. The thread about Ben Affleck was moved to the After Hours Lounge because it dealt with his personal life, not his career, so I figured the same logic would apply with this topic. Guess I was wrong!
confused.gif

------------------
ep2.jpg

[Edited last by Tom_G on August 08, 2001 at 05:16 PM]

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I moved it- probably could go either way- but Tom did say he was a fan of her music
wink.gif

To be 100% honest, the music area is a bit slow, so I take any opportnity to move some interesting posts in hopes of attracting some discussion over this way.
If Tom thinks it would be better in AH, I'd move it back.
-vince

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
No, Vince that's ok. It doesn't really matter. I was just a little perplexed as to why it got moved, but like I said, it doesn't matter. :)
------------------
ep2.jpg

Sebastian_M

Stunt Coordinator
There always been some controversy surrounding Mariah. Remember back last year when she got food poisoning from some clams? Or when she went out with that guy from NSYNC (lucky bastard)? Or when there was a debate raging because she insisted that she was African-American? I've never been a fan of her music, I personally don't think she has a good singing voice but I find that she's always in the news. She just released a new album too I think. I saw the video for the first single on MuchMusic. There's nothing new in her music, but the video was GOOD!
wink.gif
And seriously, someone get back to us on the striptease!
biggrin.gif

Seb
------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks