What's new

What is up with A&E and these new complete series sets? (1 Viewer)

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
It always seemed like A&E was known for higher then normal complete series sets. Series sets going for over $200 and season sets going for over $50. They are now repackaging the following series for release in October and November:

- Homicide
- Farscape
- Dr. Quinn

Each listed for $150 and each currently priced on DD @ $93, Quite possibly they could go for as low as $75 a piece if DD has their traditional Fall sale.

Now I know these are basically retreads, but they have all the same extras with a simpler case design (which I prefer anyway). You find a lot of complete series sets that go on Amazon's DOD but usually they seem to be one's not only originally overpriced but also in very questionable case design that don't protect disks from damage. Not to forget, you have to hit the sales date.

I wonder if this might be a new trend. Maybe they figure they made all they were going to from the most loyal of fans and are now just trying to see what interest they get from those that remained on the fence. This kind of pricing is very tempting to me. I can see picking up at least two of the above and maybe all three.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don't think A&E did Farscape in the first place. IIRC, they just got the rights to release the show.

However, one show you didn't mention was The Prisoner, which is coming down in price from $100 bucks for the '06 Megaset to $70 bucks for the rerelease at the end of this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks