What's new

what is the thickness of a svs tube wall? (1 Viewer)

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
any one know the thickness of a svs sub encloser's sidewall? is it as thick as a sono tube? i was thinking of ordering all the arts to a svs sub aka the sub and the the port and bulding the encloser

James Slade

Second Unit
I am not a SVS owner but I am pretty sure that you can't buy replacement parts unless you already own an SVS.

Pretty sure you could easily build a sub to compete with an SVS though probably for less money.

Mike_A

Stunt Coordinator
the blueprint 1201 is supposed to be pretty similar to the driver used in the SVS. you may also be able to pick up a used SVS driver pretty cheap now that many are upgrading to the new and improved driver. the 1201 is supposed to get an upgrade soon coincidently enough that should make it similar to the new SVS driver as well.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I think there is a little more to the SVS enclosures than just sonotube.
Quote from SVS-Ron from this thread:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...0&pagenumber=2
The enclosure? Machine/knife cut double density tubing custom wrapped in airtight black polymer film.
Not sure about thickness but a lot goes into these enclosures to give them the best in strength and performance.
If you have the resources and patience to build your own sonosub, visit the sonosub links at the top of the DIY area just above where the treads start. Pat Sun has the most thurough site with hundreds of pics.
You can surely match or exceed the performance of an SVS with quality driver, the proper enclosure, and quality craftsmanship. Perhaps a shiva or tempest driver is in order for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks