What is the best Leather care product for couches?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Michael Silla, May 23, 2003.

1. Michael Silla

Michael Silla Second Unit

Specifically, what do most of use use for leather care? I just bought a reealy nice couch that I'm told will need treatments every six motnhs or so. i held off buying the store fed product for fear it might be a bit overpriced. They wanted to sell me a cleaning kit for $40 which I think included a 12 or 16 oz container of leather cleaner.

How often do you all treat your couch? Is the couch "smelly" or somehow less "leather smelling like" after the treatment? The last thing I want to do is stink up my new couch.

Michael.

2. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

I use Lexol on my car seats. They have a cleaner and conditioner. I don't see why it wouldn't work on a couch. I got mine at Pep Boys.

Lexol Website

3. Bill_D

Bill_D Supporting Actor

2nd vote for Lexol. I usually do a treatment twice a year. In the spring before it gets hot and in the fall before the cold.

4. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I use Lexol on both my car and furniture. Just make sure you test it in a hidden area to make sure it doesn't have some weird reaction.