1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

what is some good dvd-r software?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sam E. Torres, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section, but can anyone suggest a good dvd-r writing program to me? is there anyway to incorportate flash/video footage into a menu? can you add different audio tracks with dvd-r? sorry, i am new to this whole dvd burning thing-which still amazes me....

2. Scott Pagac

Scott Pagac Stunt Coordinator

What platform are you using? If you have a Mac running OS X, iDVD will allow you to do what you are asking (animated buttons, etc.). It will also give you basic audio capabilities. I do not know if you can download it from Apple yet or not, but it is bundled on machines with a SuperDrive. For more advanced editing (audio and video), Final Cut Pro ($999) is the way to go.

There are a couple of different apps for PCs, but I do not remember what these apps are or how much they cost. I am sure someone else here will have an answer for you.

--Scott

3. Sam E. Torres

sorry, i would be using a sony vaio 1.8 ghz system.

4. Sam E. Torres

i was still curious if anyone knew of any really good software that could incorporate video/possibly flash into menus for dvd-r.