What's new

What is a reasonable offer on a house? (1 Viewer)

Bryan_K

Stunt Coordinator
Bought a house 2 years ago. there are allot of things that go into a cost of a house, NOT just how big it is. (yard size, mature tree's, newaty of appliances & upgrades, neighborhood)

Story. A friend of mine who lived in TX, had to sell her house because of a loss of a job. Because allot of minorities moved into her neighborhood she had to sell cheep. You see how the neighborhood vastly determines Property values.

Don't blame me,I didn't make up the rules. :D

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
One of the reasons why I have decided to stay in Dallas is property value. $150k will go a long way here compared to most metro areas. I am right now looking at a $157k asking price 2150 ft^2 house. Large heated pool with attached tub. Well maintained 1970's house in nice neighborhood. Second bedroom at 16x11 would make a good HT room.

Of course I will miss the sight of ocean but I will be living in much nicer home.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
One of the reasons why I have decided to stay in Dallas is property value. $150k will go a long way here compared to most metro areas. I am right now looking at a $157k asking price 2150 ft^2 house. Large heated pool with attached tub. Well maintained 1970's house in nice neighborhood. Second bedroom at 16x11 would make a good HT room.

Of course I will miss the sight of ocean but I will be living in much nicer home.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
man, seeing those housing prices makes my jaw drop. 150k? 200k? man, i *wish*.

i'm looking at very modest homes (new, approx 2000 sq/ft) that are pushing a half-mil. :eek: and believe me, they're nice homes, but i can't see how they're worth that. :rolleyes

i gotta get out of this town....

anyway, all the good advice has already been laid out. just remember that there's more to a house then the dollar per sq/ft. lots more....

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
man, seeing those housing prices makes my jaw drop. 150k? 200k? man, i *wish*.

i'm looking at very modest homes (new, approx 2000 sq/ft) that are pushing a half-mil. :eek: and believe me, they're nice homes, but i can't see how they're worth that. :rolleyes

i gotta get out of this town....

anyway, all the good advice has already been laid out. just remember that there's more to a house then the dollar per sq/ft. lots more....

David Devaux

Agent

I agree, if I could find a house for $100 sq foot, I'd be livin like Shaq. I bought a house 1.5 years ago and it would average about $206 a foot(330K @1600 feet) and it needed a ton of work, plus I am sitting on a whooping 1/4 acre lot. We still need to replace the kitchen and 1.5 baths, so that's another 50K or so. Plus the basement, where my theater was gonna go, floods, ugh.

I really need to move. I mean it's not like the weather keeps me hear.

David Devaux

Agent

I agree, if I could find a house for $100 sq foot, I'd be livin like Shaq. I bought a house 1.5 years ago and it would average about $206 a foot(330K @1600 feet) and it needed a ton of work, plus I am sitting on a whooping 1/4 acre lot. We still need to replace the kitchen and 1.5 baths, so that's another 50K or so. Plus the basement, where my theater was gonna go, floods, ugh.

I really need to move. I mean it's not like the weather keeps me hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks