What's new

What, if any, is the difference between the Yamaha HTR-5490 and the RX-v1200?? (1 Viewer)

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
What the title says...is there any big differences between the two that would make one better than the other??

Thanks

mark

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
From what I understand the HTR-5490 lacks the pre-amp outputs, 12V trigger and replacable power-cord. There's also the obvious change in front panel. What is the same between the two units is everything else as they are both made in the same factory with the same parts and quality controls.

The 12V trigger, according to Yamaha's web site:

The unit is equipped with a +12 volt trigger output to activate other components automatically when the receiver is turned on.
Basically, this is usefull if you had an external amp hooked up via pre-amp outputs. This would automatically turn your powered amp on along with the receiver and turn it off as well. Since hte HTR-5490 lacks pre-outs there's little need for the trigger. Makes sense that way.

- Mike

VicQ

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I know for a fact that the 5490 has a plastic volume knob as opposed to a metal knob on the 1200. I don't know if that makes a difference to you.

-Vic

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks