What's new

What happened with my M.N.F? (1 Viewer)

Steve Conrad

Agent
So, I'm anxiously awaiting watching my first HD football game in my own house, on my brand new 34XBR960 and 7PM (central) comes around monday night.

Something was horribly wrong. My local providers (High-Def 12.1) channel only looked slightly better than the regular chanel. (12).

I thought to myself well, maybe they just arn't broadcasting in HD tonight, although the display screen said it was 720p and 16x9. Al Michaels then said something about the Goodyear blimp, and the broadcast being HD, and then I started to freak out. I turn to PBS which is almost always in HD during prime time. Again. 480i. ARGGGH!

A few minutes later I turn back to the game (which is already deep in the first quarter.) and to my shock it's now a beautiful 16x9 image!

What the hell happened? Did someone somewhere forget to "turn on" the HD switch?

anyone?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Your local station probably had someone fall asleep at the HD switch. It happens more than you think it does. Some people who love their HDTV have all of the local TV station's engineering department phone numbers, which are called to complain when someone at the station doesn't flip the switch in time (in between the commercials, usually).

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
Monday night's game had a ton of compression artifacts in it. I'm hoping they're just getting dialed in for the regular season.

RG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks