What's new

What happened to these few re-releases all of a sudden.... (1 Viewer)

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator
It seems like:

A) After the announcement of the SE for "Big" with Tom Hanks it suddenly went hush hush and not a word has been said since. I'd love to know what happened since I'm not seeing anything even on Amazon.com?

B) Is there any plans for a SE or at least a re-release with a anamorphic transfer for "Mrs. Doubtfire" and "The Abyss" in the future?

C) Where did those Widescreen versions for the two "Grumpy Old Men" suddenly disappear to? Especially after that debaticle from a few months ago when they suddenly announced at the last minute that the two pack that was advertised for MONTHS as Widescreen suddenly was pan and scan.

Thanks HTF. I'm always thankful for being a member around here. Reminds me of the good old days back on alt.video.dvd minus the frequently posted stupidity from people who "hate dem blak barz" and the like.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Well, as #166 (more or less), I'd sure like the answers to your questions, too. Unfortunately, I don't know thing, either.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I sure as hell hope Warner doesn't forget about the OAR versions of the Grumpy Old Men films. It gets asked about each year at the chat, and this year they said it was coming, but no word yet.

Not all of these are Warner, but there's also supposed to be an uncensored Eyes Wide Shut, Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, African Queen, and OAR or special editions of L.A. Confidential, Funny Farm, 2001, Blade Runner, Cool Hand Luke, Deliverance, A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, Scrooged and more that doesn't seem to be on the horizon. Hopefully, at least some will make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks