What's new

what happened to "The Howard Stern Radio Show"? (1 Viewer)

ryan_m

Stunt Coordinator
Does anybody know what happened to Stern's CBS show? I haven't been able to listen much in the morning in the past 6 months so if he mentioned it I never heard it. I'm assuming CBS just pulled the plug on it, but I was wondering if Stern talked about it or if anybody had any details.

thanks

Ryan

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Yup, the show was cancelled due to low ratings. Here's a brief article about it from the IMDb:

King World is pulling the plug on its syndicated The Howard Stern Radio Show, which is due to air its last episode on Saturday night. Today's (Thursday) Washington Post commented on the paradoxical circumstance of Stern being unable to attract advertisers on television but being able to fill each hour of his daily radio show with 20 minutes of spots, in some cases running as long as eight minutes without a break. The Post quoted its own radio columnist Frank Ahrens (who is moving on to business reporting after this week) as explaining Stern's lack of TV appeal this way: "It's much better to visualize buxom lesbian stripper midgets than to actually see them."

PatB

Stunt Coordinator
He claimed that he didn't want to just re-hash the E! show but the facts seem to support it being pulled for low ratings. I miss it b/c I don't get the E! show here in Toronto and I personally enjoyed seeing the stippers. He went into a huge rant one day about how much of a snake Les Moonves is but didn't say explicitly that it was because he cancelled his show. I hope, against odds of course that it comes back.

Rob T

Screenwriter
It wasn't cancelled due to low ratings. Howard didn't want to do a coles notes of the E! show on Saturday night anymore so he had a meeting with Les and Howard offered him Kane and Les took it and issued the cancellation on the saturday night show which pissed Howard off.

Kane will debut at the beginning of next season.

Gary_E

Second Unit
Ryan,
You can listen to Howard 24/7 Link Removed
It was also Howard's idea for the Ozzy show but didn't pursue it, so MTV ran with it. Ozzy and Sharon came on his show to thank him.
-Gary

ryan_m

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info.

What are the details on this Kane show? I only get to listen on my 5 min drive to work, so I've heard him mention it but never got any details.

Gary, I went to that link and click to listen and just got this 10 sec loop. I'll try another time I guess.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I believe it'll be 3D animation like what was used on the saturday night show.

Ron Zimmerman will be writing most (if not all) the scripts.

I think it's about a family in southern US.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.