What's new

What happened to The Big Town DVD release? (1 Viewer)

David Brashear

Stunt Coordinator
This was supposed to come out 9/28 with another Diane Lane title, My New Gun, but it seems to have been pulled by all the major online retailers. Anyone know what happened to this release?

David Brashear

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the review, I just want to know if it is possible to buy this anywhere. I can't find any online retailers selling it, I've gone to several brick and mortar stores and they are also not carrying it. I guess it's an Ed Wood deal where the studio pulled the title at the last second, so it's possible that there might be some copies floating around.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I was *just* about to post the release from Sony (which I received yesterday)! :) Here it is:

An Acclaimed Film Featuring Academy Award®-Nominated Actress Diane Lane Debuts on DVD

THE BIG TOWN

New to DVD on May 24

Sultry, alluring and Academy Award®-nominated actress Diane Lane (Unfaithful, Under the Tuscan Sun) stars in THE BIG TOWN debuting on DVD May 24 for the first time from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The dramatic thriller co-stars Matt Dillon (Drugstore Cowboy, Wild Things) and Tommy Lee Jones (The Fugitive, The Missing). This star-studded sexy drama also features Bruce Dern (Monster), and Lee Grant (Shampoo).

THE BIG TOWN is a stylish, red-hot romantic thriller set in 1950s Chicago based on the acclaimed book "The Arm" by Clark Howard.

Synopsis:
J.C. Cullen (Dillon), a country boy with a knack for throwing dice, goes to big city Chicago to seek his fortune at shooting craps. With amazing luck and a quick mind with which he instantly calculates the odds, Cullen proves to be a devastating gambler. He's on an incredible winning streak at the Gem Club until he falls in love with two women, one of them a sexy "bad girl" fan-dancer named Lorry Dane (Lane) who is married to the club's owner George Cole (Jones). Soon caught up in a dangerous game of revenge and
deceit, Cullen soon finds himself rolling for his lady and his life.

THE BIG TOWN - DVD SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
  • Remastered in High Definition
  • Widescreen Presentation
  • Audio: English
  • Closed Captions
  • Bonus Trailers

Rated R
Color
Closed Captioned
Running Time: 109 Minutes
SLP: $24.96 DVD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks