What's new

What ever happened to Prodigy? (1 Viewer)

Luc D

Second Unit
Their last album, "Fat of the Land", came out back in '97. Since then, nothing. So, anybody know what's going on with this band?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Basically, they got bored of each other & went off to do their own thing seperately for a while. I believe they're in the recording studio again (minus Leroy) doing new material.

StevenW

Second Unit
They are going to be playing at the Coachella music concert in California on April 28....which I will be attending ;)

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Gotta love Prodigy... You could fit their entire lyric sheet on a cocktail napkin.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
I remembered this old thread and wanted to make it more current by providing an update.
A new Prodigy album called Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned is slated for a spring/summer 2004 release!!!
– I bought myself a laptop, which completely reanimated my creative process because I was able to write anywhere I went. At one point someone told me to check out this program Reason, “it’s really back to basics, you should check it out just for fun, you know?” So I did...Then I’d go off somewhere like Scotland or New York and I’d take my laptop with me, with all my samples on the hard drive... and then it all just started happening. Reason was just like... it totally refreshed me, it was just amazing. It was like going back to how it was in the beginning. All of a sudden I was writing two or three songs a week, just messing around and having a laff again. I started something with it and got it rocking in ten minutes. That took a lot of pressure off of me...
...I couldn’t live without it. If Reason hadn’t come along I would probably still be in my studio, depressed, going “aww bloody ‘ell, don’t know what I’m gonna do”, you know? I don’t want to pat Propellerhead [the developers of Reason] on the back too much, but... Reason has literally changed my life, getting me back in the studio and enjoying it all again.
There you have it. Liam Howlett discovered Reason, got a laptop and they helped turn his creative life around. Good for him!
Complete interview

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator
Looking forward to the new album. I'd also like to see Howlett work up another Prodigy Presents the Dirtchamber Sessions DJ mix album; "Vol. 1," from 1999, is still a CD I play often.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Update:
Prodigy's latest work, Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned is available for pre-order from a number of online retailers including Amazon.co.uk (of course!), Amazon.com and Amazon.ca, for instance. It is scheduled for release on September 14, 2004; it appears to be available sooner in the UK (August 23, 2004).
B0002M5T16.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

(album cover)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Anyone buy the latest, "Their Law"? It's a compilation of their hit singles. I like it a lot. This is the second Prodigy album I own, the first being "Jilted Generation". So, I have a question, what albums of theirs would you recommend I pick up? Or other albums with this type of music?

Another question I have, on disc one, is that Juliette Lewis doing the vocals on track 15?

Thanks,

George

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks