What's new

What does this mean?! (re: Sony KP-53HS10) (1 Viewer)

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
Okay, when I put up the flashing blue color bars from AVIA (Panasonic RV31 connected via component cables to Sony KP-53HS10), I only adjust the COLOR control and am able to get all four bars/patches to match (the COLOR setting is about in the middle). When I go to the red color bars I am able to get all four color bars/patches to match just using the COLOR control (the COLOR setting must be lowered slightly compared to blue). BUT, when I try to do green only using the COLOR control, I can't get the yellow and blue bars/patches to match the blue/white bars/patches. The only way to get all four bars/patches to match is by adjusting the HUE control about 1/3 from center towards green. Does this mean that the color green is "wrong"? I tried this on two different Sony KP-53HS10's and they reacted the same. I haven't tried this test with another DVD player, so I guess it is possible that the Panasonic is doing something funky to the green color.
thanks
Jim
------------------
Jim
-------
Mancow rocks! Link Removed

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
Okay, I went through the same procedure using the composite video input and got identical results.
I read the "?" comments beside the menu selections for the red, blue and green flashing color bar test. It basically said you could use the red or green test IF your color decoder was set to the NTSC standard. It also said that it would be interesting to set your color and hue controls using the red and green color bars to see what your picture would look like if you didn't use the blue (which you SHOULD use). I guess since the red and blue bars and patches all match with nearly identical hue and color settings, but the green's tint is WAY off, then I must have a color decoder problem.
------------------
Jim
-------
Mancow rocks! Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks