What's new

What do you think the next Time Life Set will be? (1 Viewer)

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
How about "Alice"?

I was watching some old reruns of "Alice" and the end credits said: Production Consultant: Time-Life Television.

Are they one and the same?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

I am not sure if they are the same. My Guess would be yes though. But Alice is certainly a good choice. I have been recording them each night from 7-8pm. But they are obviously edited to the extreme. This would be a very good choice. I like quite a few of the recent suggestions: China Beach, It Takes a Thief, Eight is Enough i would buy any of those.

LCD22

Screenwriter
If the music is all there, I would certainly buy "China Beach".

Another suggestion I'll add (again, if the original music is all secured) is "Homefront".

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Alice Season 1 is on iTunes for download. But if it were released in toto as a Time-Life set I wouldn't complain, as long as they didn't screw it up in some way.

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
You've got to be kidding me. From Get Smart and Man from UNCLE, two sixties classics to some stupid cartoon from a few years ago. Very disappointing.

Matthew H

Second Unit
Some people will say The Man From U.N.C.L.E. is stupid. The Real Ghostbusters is my all-time favorite cartoon and one of my most fondest memories growing up.

This is the greatest DVD news I've ever heard. Can't wait, but I'm sure it'll be expensive as hell..

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I wish Time Life would reconsider there policy of not shipping overseas, I would buy both the Uncle set and this Ghostbusters set in a heartbeat.

It's such a shame. I've tried to take the Ebay route but there's just not many listings and the ones that are there usually don't ship to the UK or there's some other catch.

I hope to see The Man from UNCLE released to stores such as Amazon later this year as that's what Time Life stated they would do... please let this happen!

michael_ks

Screenwriter

And rather incomprehensible at that. Who's running the tv/dvd division at Time/Life these days? Teenagers...? I was really expecting something along the lines of what Charles Ellis listed.

This may well be it for golden/silver age shows in a Time/Life release. Guess I can write off "The Defenders" for set #4.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

They can't ship overseas because they don't have the right to sell outside of North America. Time-Life is a bit different because they're the ones producing the DVDs AND selling them. Someone like VEI, which has released a number of Cannell titles in Canada, has no idea who Amazon.ca is selling to, and can't get into trouble if Amazon.ca starts shipping packages overseas.

Gord

Matthew H

Second Unit
Having been active in the online Ghostbusters Community for close to 10 years now, I'm going to say its safe to bet this could be Time Life's biggest seller (even moreso than Get Smart). I don't know what they shelled out for licensing costs, but I know this has been one of the most requested TV shows to be released..

Any idea when we'll get more details?

Gord - There's going to be a "big" Ghostbusters announcement in July at San Diego Comic Con.. will this set be officially announced soon or can we assume that this wasn't it?

And to all of your complaining, you make it sound like this is Time Life's last foray into releasing DVDs. Just because RGB is being released this year doesn't mean that's it. I don't see what the big deal is. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Pretty hysterical! Back to topic, I'd guess they'd try a series that doesn't have any conflicts with previous (unsuccessful) studio releases. And there are a dwindling amount of those. And I'd also guess for shows that don't have major music royalty issues. So no Night Court, Mama's Family or Hart to Hart for the first problem, and no American Dreams, Malcolm in the Middle or Ally McBeal for the second problem. That leaves basically...Falcon Crest and nothing else!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Not sure when this will be officially announced. All our info is coming through back-door channels. It would be nice to see an official announcement around Comic Con.

I'm not sure why there's such a negative response to this news. Time-Life is broadening their catalog, and somehow that's a bad thing? They happened to do a great job with two classic shows, and now they're doing an animated show... so what? I think there's something to be said about Time-Life doing a deal with Sony.... a company that doesn't really license material out. It's possible this could be the first deal, with others coming later. Stop being so narrow-minded and selfish and look at the bigger picture.

Gord

Matthew H

Second Unit
For all of the negativity coming from this thread, I can assure you this is some of the best news the Ghostbuster community has gotten in awhile. The various GB message boards are clamoring with replies and speculation as to what could be included with the set. I'd say this is a great move for Time Life. I hope they don't read posts in this thread and get the wrong idea.. ha.

Thanks for info, Gord. I'll be hoping for more details soon! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks