What's new

What do you do with your games when you're done? (1 Viewer)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
When I finish a game (either I beat it or I get too bored with it), I usually trade it in at my local videogame dealer.

What do some of you do with your used games? Do you trade them in, give them away, or collect them?

Personally, although I'd like to keep every game I buy to start a good collection, I find used games to be valuable currency toward buying new ones.

If I HAD kept every game I'd every bought, I'll bet I'd have 500 or more. Most of those would be old cartridges.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I wish that I had kept all my old SuperNintendo games! I'm holding onto my Dreamcast games, for sure. Have only bought RE for the 'Cube and Half Life for PS2; rentals have been my life lately.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I keep 'em. When I've sold them in the past, I've generally regretted it - I sold off my Saturn setup & a bunch of PSX games when I moved over to the US & that was a stupid, stupid move. I've rebought a fair few of those games.
I get a lot of replay out of my games - even stuff like RPGs ala Grandia & FFT, I love going back to them. A game would have to be REALLY bad for it to just sit on the shelf - I have a few like that, mainly gifts though :)
I've kept every single DC game I've ever bought with one exception - "Rippin' Riders", which I traded in some old PC stuff for, hated, & promptly traded for Sega Bass Fishing.
Of course, my wife bought me it for Christmas, so even it has made its way back into my collection ;)
It's worth mentioning that I'm a cheapskate though - it's /very/ rare that I'll buy a game on its initial release. The only game I've paid over $40 for in the last six months was REZ, on import. I'm quite happy to get less playing hours out of a cheap DC game at $5-10 (the equivalent of a couple of rentals). Everyone else's mileage WILL vary, I'm sure.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
eBay here too. If I'm not playing em, might as well make money to buy new games.

An exception is if a game has extremely high replay value. Of all my PS2 games, I've kept EA NHL 2002 since I still haven't finished my season, Grand Theft Auto III since I'm just now finishing my 100% game, and Devil May Cry because it's mindless fun.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I normally hold on to them, but I am very tempted to unload FFX and a few other PS2 games for something else. Most of the games that I do keep are ones made by Sega, Nintendo, or something really special.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I've regretted selling games way too many times to get rid of too many. If I didn't really like it, or I know I'll never really play it again, I do consider selling them... but that last time I did that it was only because I needed money to buy Quake3.

I used to do it a lot more as there was a shop were I lived that would give you fair value for the games, and would normally only increase the price by $5 when selling it. I don't feel that places like EB really give fair value for more traded games, so I tend to stay away from that.

I prefer to keep everything if I can. Then if I ever do feel like playing it, it's always available.

Howard

Auditioning
I usually keep them too. Many of my friends are console gamers as well, so we swap games all the time.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
eBay, sell them on HTF, or keep them (depending on how much I liked the game... I may want to play it later)
:D

Ike

Screenwriter
I generally keep them, but if I feel I'm not going to play it much in the future, I'll try and trade it here on the HTF.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
If you are talking discs, I usually put mine in a pan with a lot of butter (or olive oil, depending on taste). Let them simmer on medium for about ten minutes, until they start to soften up and turn brown around the edges. Flip em a few times, get out the 100 percent real maple syrup (don't accept anything else) and you're ready to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks