What's new

What do you all think about network marketing/MLM? (Merged) (1 Viewer)

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
I should add that while my experiences are with Amway, I think that the basics apply to any business that relies on recruiting others to sell products. The percentages may vary slightly,a nd the products themselves may be sexier, but the real work involves people skills and the dynamics will remain constant regardless of what your selling or what they call their business model.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Just an observation based on 15 years of business law-any business that refers to itself as a "Christian business" is a huge red flag that it's a ripoff. People constantly were coming to me crying about "how someone could steal my money like that, they were such good Christians." They might as well say "I'm a minister from Nigeria and I need to hide oil money in your bank account." :laugh:

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Not that you mention it, nearly everyone that I've met that has pitched one of these to me (and there have been many), they have all been fairly devout (and always of Protestant faith). Why is that (can that even be answered here)?
Back in the 1980's, many people in the church my family went to were recruited into Amway after the (false) rumor about the Proctor & Gamble CEO being a satanist came out. Amway was pitched as an alternative source of household goods.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks