What's new

What do I need to hook up me Tosh? (1 Viewer)

GregZ

Agent
Ok, pulled the trigger on the 50hdx82. Coming on Monday!!!
Right now I have a HK DVD50 with component inputs and no cable box, but Time Warner will come out midweek to install digital cable - they will GIVE me a HDTV receiver!!
So, what do I need, what cables anything else to know?
Thanks
Greg

Devin Rowe

Auditioning
It depends on the receiver and the outputs. Hopefully it has component outputs since you have a Toshiba. If not then you will probably need an RGB cable with a component adapter. See if you can find out the name and model # and do a search on the internet and try to find out the specs. That is what I would do but there are people who know more than me.

Devin

GregZ

Agent
The Time Warner box has YPrPb and RGB component for high definition video. What does the Tosh have, also , what do I need to hook up my progressive scan HK DVD50?
I know the questions are pretty basic, I just want to be able to fire up my TV the day it gets here and play!!!
Thanks
Greg

Craig

Second Unit
You'll need two sets of component cables. Use the YPrPb connections on the cable box to go to one set of the DTV/DVD inputs on the TV, hook up the component outputs of the DVD player to the other set of component inputs on your TV. Toshiba refers to component as Colorstream, but it's all the same. Any DVD player with component outputs will be compatible with you Tosh TV.

The red-white-yellow cables that come with most DVD players are not component cables. You'll have to invest a few bucks on the cables, but you should be able to find good quality component cables in the $30-$50/set range. Of course you can spend much more, but don't let some salesman talk you into expensive cables unless you've previewed them and can really see a difference compared to the less expensive cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks