What's new

What did you watch this week in classic TV on DVD(or Blu)? (8 Viewers)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Watched in the last few weeks (Tues 6/21 - Tues 7/12):

Rawhide
(Season 6) - "Incident at Two Graves", guest starring Bill Travers and Steve Brodie - DVD

Science Fiction Theatre (Season 1) - "Target: Hurricane", guest starring Marshall Thompson, Ray Collins, Margaret Field and John Doucette, and "The Water Maker", guest starring William Talman, Virginia Grey, Craig Stevens and John Mitchum - DVD

Lost in Space (Season 1) - "The Challenge", guest starring Kurt Russell and Michael Ansara, and "The Space Trader", guest starring Torin Thatcher - Blu-ray

In Search Of... (Season 1) - "UFOs" and "Voodoo" - DVD

Yancy Derringer
- "Two Tickets to Promontory" (final episode), guest starring Jim Davis, John Larch, Rita Lynn, Kelly Thordsen, Lee Kendall and Mickey Morton - DVD

Combat! (Season 1) - "No Time for Pity", guest starring Gunnar Hellstrom, Denise Alexander, William Phipps, Paul Busch and Guy De Vestel, and "Next in Command", guest starring Ben Cooper - DVD

Mazinger Z (a.k.a. Tranzor Z, Season 1) - "Great Turnaround Mazin Power!!" and "Shiro in Peril! Move Out Mazinger Z!" - DVD

Urusei Yatsura (Season 9) - "Exciting Head Air Conditioner" and "Love Attack! Romantic Resistance is Useless!" - DVD

Zane Grey Theatre (Season 2) - "Blood in the Dust", guest starring Claudette Colbert, Jeff Morrow, Barry Atwater, Denver Pyle and Harry Bartell, and "A Gun Is for Killing", guest starring Edmond O'Brien, Robert Vaughn and Marsha Hunt - DVD

The Naked City (Season 1) - "Turn of Events", guest starring Jan Miner, Mel Ruick, Eugenia Rawls and Kay Doubleday, and "A Little Piece of the Action", guest starring James Barton, Simon Oakland, Johnny Seven and Jan Norris - DVD

It Takes a Thief (Season 1) - "When Boy Meets Girl", guest starring Suzy Parker, Donnelly Rhodes and David Hurst - DVD

Dark Shadows - Episodes 574-576 (Sept 5-9, 1968), Angelique and Nicholas find out how Adam was created, and his connection to Barnabas; Elizabeth Stoddard has a nightmare of her own death - DVD

Barney Miller (Season 3) - "Moonlighting", guest starring John Dullaghan, George Pentecost, Jan Stuart Schwartz and Cal Gibson, and "Asylum", guest starring Jack DeLeon, David Clennon, Michael Panaieff and Ion Teodorescu - DVD

WKRP in Cincinnati (Season 2) - "Herb's Dad", guest starring Bert Parks, and "Put Up or Shup Up" - DVD

Hawaii Five-0 - "The Burning Ice", guest starring Jackie Cooper, Lou Antonio and Tommy Fujiwara, and "Rest in Peace, Somebody", guest starring Norman Alden and Richard Denning - DVD

Tate - "The Bounty Hunter", guest starring Robert Culp, Louise Fletcher, Robert Warwick and Robert Redford, and "Hometown", guest starring James Coburn, Royal Dano, Sandra Knight and Hank Patterson- DVD

The Bob Newhart Show (Season 5) - "Enter Mrs. Peeper", guest starring Tom Posten, Jean Palmerton, Jay Tarses and Charles Thomas Murphy, and "Caged Fury" - DVD

87th Precinct - "The Girl in the Case" (final episode), guest starring Janis Paige, Jerry Paris and Kathleen Freeman - DVD

Star Trek (Season 1) - "Where No Man Has Gone Before", guest starring Gary Lockwood, Sally Kellerman, Paul Fix, Paul Carr, Lloyd Haines and Andrea Dromm, "The Corbomite Maneuver", guest starring Clint Howard and the voices of Ted Cassidy and Walker Edmiston, and "Mudd's Women", guest starring Roger C. Carmel, Karen Steele, Susan Denberg, Maggie Thrett and Gene Dynarski - DVD

Gunsmoke (Season 4) - "How to Kill a Friend", guest starring Philip Abbott, Pat Conway and James Westerfield, and (Season 2) "Legal Revenge", guest starring Cloris Leachman and Philip Bourneuf, written by Sam Peckinpah - DVD

Batman (Season 2) - "The Cat's Meow" and "The Bat's Kow Tow", with Special Guest Villain Julie Newmar, Chad & Jeremy, Peter Leeds, Maurice Dallimore, Joe Flynn (uncredited), Steve Allen (uncredited), window cameo by Don Ho - DVD

The New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - "The Magic Shillelah", with guest starring voices Dennis O'Day, Daws Butler and Don Messick, and "Huck of La Mancha", guest starring voices Dayton Lummis, Jay Novello and Hal Smith - DVD

Mannix (Season 2) - "Death in a Minor Key", guest starring Yaphet Kotto, Anthony Zerbe and Jon Lormer - DVD

Route 66 (Season 1) - "An Absence of Tears", guest starring Martha Hyer, Rin Tin Tin, Paul Richards, Joseph Ruskin and Herb Armstrong - DVD

Leave it to Beaver (Season 4) - "Beaver's Big Contest" - DVD

Alfred Hitchcock Presents (Season 5) - "Day of the Bullet", guest starring Barry Gordon, Glenn Walken, Dennis Patrick and Biff Elliot - DVD

Last edited:

jknu0526

Agent
Real Name
jason
This week so far....I cracked open my Mill Creek Cosby Show set and completed episode three. I forgot how many legit laugh out loud moments there are in the early seasons on the Cosby Show. I cracked open ALF season 1 and also had many laugh out loud moments from just the first two episodes. Finishing up Tales from the Crypt season 6 and Curb Your Enthusiasm season 3. My cartoon selection is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (original) and I have working through season 2 of that.

I was also a big wrestling fan as a kid so I am also watching WCW Monday Nitro from 2000

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Watched "The Submarine" episode on season 4 of Mission: Impossible. It's my favourite episode of the series.

I finished Scooby Doo. Where Are You? season 3, which is really the Scooby Doo Show, and then watched one disc of the new Scooby Doo Movies.

I'm also watching CHiPs Season 4

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
1st weekend in October.

Mission:Impossible Season 1 Disc 3
Ep. 9 - A Spool There Was
Ep. 10 - The Carriers (Sulu and Star Trek corridors/doors)
Ep. 11 - Zubrovnik's Ghost
Ep. 12 - Fakeout

Columbo - Season 4 Disc 1
Ep. 1 - An Exercise in Fatality (Robert "James West" Conrad)
Ep. 2 - Negative Reaction (Dick van Dyke, Don Gordon)

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
We're up to Rawhide Season Six, and already sad that we're so close to the end but saw a few nonetheless. Also watched a couple Pete and Gladys episodes from the Nostalgia Media box. Picture quality of many episodes is quite good along with a few that were more "they gave us what they could" Friends asked for and got a replay of the only four available People's Choice episodes. Of course, everybody loved Cleo.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 6
O Youth and Beauty!
The Money
Sybilla
The Man With Two Faces
The Baby-Blue Expression
The Man Who Found the Money
The Changing Heart

Mission:Impossible
Elena (Barbara Luna from the Mirror Universe)
The Short Tail Spy
The Legacy (Lee Bergere)
The Reluctant Dragon (John Colicos, Michael Forest)
The Frame
The Trial (Michael Strong, David Opatoshu)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Watch October 11-18:

Route 66 (Season 1) - "A Skill for Hunting", guest starring Gene Evans, Joanna Moore, Harold J. Stone and Paul Genge - DVD

Combat! (Season 1) - "The Sniper", guest starring Gail Kobe and Eric Braeden (as Hans Gudagast), directed by Ted Post - DVD

Tate
- "Return of Jessica Jackson", guest starring Patricia Breslin, John Kellogg, Jock Gaynor, Henry Corden and Jon Lormer; and "The Mary Hardin Story", guest starring Julie Adams, Mort Mills, James Bell and Chris Alcaide, directed by Ida Lupino (the final two episodes in the 'complete series' set) - DVD

Hawaii Five-0
(Season 4) - "The Ninety-Second War, (Parts 1 & 2)", guest starring Khigh Dhiegh, Dana Wynter, Donald Pleasance, Roger C. Carmel and Tim O'Connor - DVD

Dark Shadows
- Episodes 601-605 (Oct 14-18 1968), the aftermath of the creation of Adam's bride - DVD

The New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- "Son of the Sun" - DVD

Josie and the Pussycats
(1970) - "Spy School Spoof" - DVD

Mazinger Z
(a.k.a. Tranzor Z, Season 1) - "Suicide Challenge! Salude in the Scarlet Ocean" - DVD

The Naked City
(Season 2) - "A Death of Princes", guest starring Eli Wallach, George Maharis, Nancy Malone, Ann Helm, Clifton James, Peter Falk and Godfrey Cambridge, directed by John Brahm - DVD

Urusei Yatsura
(Season 9) - "Beware of Booze! Sakura's Exorcism Error!" - DVD

Barney Miller
(Season 4) - "Burial", guest starring Abe Vigoda (return visit), Jack Kruschen and Sy Kramer - DVD

WKRP in Cincinnati
(Season 2) - "Venus Rising", guest starring Terry Kiser (best known later on as the deceased "Bernie" from the Weekend at Bernie's movies) - DVD

Mannix
(Season 2) - "To Catch a Rabbit" (the final episode I own), guest starring Gail Kobe, Frank Ramirez, Pilar Seurat, Robert Reed and Robert Phillips - DVD

Science Fiction Theater
(Season 1) - "Are We Invaded?", guest starring Pat O'Brien, Richard Erdman, Lisa Gaye and Anthony Eustrel - DVD

Lost in Space
(Season 2) - "Forbidden World", guest starring Wally Cox - Blu-ray

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Kolchak: The Night Stalker on single-sided discs.
Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 6 on pressed discs.
Daniel Boone Season Two Collector's Edition from Shout.

Do you know if shout did any clean up of the Daniel Boone episodes?

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The Changing Heart
Summer Shade - James Franciscus
A Crime for Mothers - Claire Trevor, Howard McNear
The Last Escape - Keenan Wynn, Dennis Patrick
The Greatest Monster of Them All - Sam Jaffe
The LandLady - Dean Stockwell

The Wild Wild West Season 3
TNo The Headless Woman
TNo The Vipers
TNo The Underground Terror
TNo The Death Masks
TNo The Undead
TNo The Amnesiac
TNo The Simian Terror
TNo The Death-Maker

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I watched season 1 of the Partridge Family and The Simpsons and am now on season 2 of both. With the Simpsons, I skipped over "Simpsons Roasting On A Open Fire" since I watch that every Christmas and I'll be skipping the first 10 Tree-house of Horror episodes as I just watched those last month.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The Kiss Off - Rip Torn
The Horse Player - Claude Rains
Incident In A Small Jail - John Feidler (Piglet)

Mission: Impossible Season 1
Action!
The Train - William Windom
Shock - James Daly, Sorrell Booke
A Cube of Sugar
The Traitor - Eartha Kitt, Malachi Throne
The Psychic - Barry Sullivan, Milton Selzer, Richard Anderson

Family Affair Season 1
Buffy
Jody and Cissy
The Gift Horse
The Matter of School

Newer Classic
NYPD Blue Season 10
Ho Down
You've Got Mail
One In the Nuts
Meat Me In the Park

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Monday- January 15, 2018

Diff'rent Strokes: The Lie (10/29/1983) from season 6

Good episode I have slight recollection of seeing all those years ago.
The one liners in this series are sometimes really impressive, and very funny. Some seem legit, and others forced 50/50.

Hazel: Never Trouble trouble (9/17/1964) from season 4
Very good episode with George coming off as a bit too uncaring, for his scheming relative. But Hazel as usual a heart of gold.

Hart to Hart: You made me kill you (10/23/1979) from season 1
This one was a little too one sided, but some of the suspense was really good. A very attractive accountant is obsessed with Jonathan Hart, and thinks killing his wife is alright.
The ending had no resolution for the deranged lady. Hopefully she got some psychiatric help.

Father Dowling Mysteries: The Ghost of a chance Mystery (2/8/1990) from season 2
Oh I hate how this show was treated. 8 episodes first season, 13 from the second, and only the third getting a full 22 ep. Season.
This was another charming, wholesome mystery that I thoroughly enjoyed. good guest stars, and neat concept with holograms.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks