What's new

What did you watch this week in classic TV on DVD(or Blu)? (19 Viewers)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
The Invaders - Summit Meeting

Fugitive - Brass Ring

Fugitive - Man In A Chariot

My 3 Sons - The O' Casey Scandal, Ernie The Transmitter

Hogan's Heroes - One Army At A Time

Tightrope - Getaway Day

Time Tunnel - Crack Of Doom

Run For Your Life - Who's Watching The Fleshpot (Great Bobby Darin guest app)

Get Smart - Groovy Guru

F Troop - Singing Mountie

Breaking Bad - Fly

Once Upon A Time - Good Form

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I took a cue from Frank Soyke and recreated a specific night of TV with my DVDs. On Monday, I recreated the NBC lineup from September 14, 1985:

Gimme A Break!: "Joey's Train"

The Facts of Life: "Out of the Fire…"

The Golden Girls: Pilot*

227: Pilot**

*Honestly, whatever their reasons were for dropping him, I don't think Coco would have added all that much to the show if they'd kept him. Nothing he said was funny and nothing he did had anything to do with the plot.

**IIRC, they aired a lot of the first season episodes out of order, but since it was a mid-2000s Sony set, they don't mention airdates. At least this one retained the Embassy logo and the color key dissolve effect.

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
MatthewA said:
I took a cue from Frank Soyke and recreated a specific night of TV with my DVDs. On Monday, I recreated the NBC lineup from September 14, 1985:

Gimme A Break!: "Joey's Train"

The Facts of Life: "Out of the Fire…"

The Golden Girls: Pilot

227: Pilot*

*IIRC, they aired a lot of the first season episodes out of order, but since it was a mid-2000s Sony set, they don't mention airdates.
So I'm guessing you went to bed at 10 p.m. that night Matthew? Hehe (just kidding.)

But now I really *am* curious which hour-long show followed your sitcom lineup before the local news that night. :)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
JayHink said:
So I'm guessing you went to bed at 10 p.m. that night Matthew? Hehe (just kidding.)

But now I really *am* curious which hour-long show followed your sitcom lineup before the local news that night. :)
For the record, I was probably watching Hunter...Just loved that Stephanie Kramer. :)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I watched a classic line up last Saturday night from 1976(it was Sunday morning when I finished).

Saturday night November 20, 1976

-Emergency-Captain Hook.
There isn't a lot say about this episode other than it was a pretty weak episode. However, Emergency has always been that kind of show to me either I liked the episode, or I didn't.

NBC Saturday Night At The Movies-Billy Jack
Decent film. It has been years since I watched it last, and luckily I found this promo on Youtube to amplify the experience:

-Saturday Night Live-Paul Simon with musical guest George Harrison
The early seasons of SNL are pure magic to me. This was a great pre-Thanksgiving episode. Paul Simon's duet with George Harrison on 'Here Comes the Sun(my favorite Beatles song) was the best "unplugged" version of a song I ever heard. Beautiful.

Overall a very good night of viewing, and a Saturday night well spent.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Been alternating between my Adventures of Batman and New Adventures of Superman Filmation sets. They are fun to watch and have a simplistic charm that i enjoy. It was good hearing Olan Soule and Casey Kasem voicing Batman and Robin (Super Friends rule!), also like Bud Collyer's Superman. I'm enjoying the Batman episodes a little more than Superman. I love how in one episode Catwoman recognizes the similarities between Robin and his blonde double but not Robin and Dick Grayson :lol:

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
Ongoing random views of Dr Who have reached The Ark In Space (1975) which I completed.

Also completed series 10 of Grange Hill.

The Flaxton Boys stalled at episode 5.

Weekly weekend episodes of The Saint reached The Gadic Collection.

Weekly The Sweeney reached Pay Off.

Weekly The Outer Limits reached The Man Who was Never Born

Daily double bills replaced by one movie per day instead until October.

No regular viewing planned but the arrival of the Bluray set of Lost In Space means I shall be browsing that a lot and I expect I shall watch a few with commentaries

Partway through The Twilight Zone season 3 but have given up and opted to select episodes to skip preachy ones about war and the repetitive appearances of death personified

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
On the Buses

I hadn't seen this show in ages and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. I'm currently on Series 4. My favourite episodes, so far, are Brew It Yourself, Busmen's Perks, Radio Control and The Squeeze. The show has a top notch cast and of the 2 Mums (Cicely Courtneidge, Doris Hare), I prefer Hare but both are good.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
My youngest granddaughter (4 and a half) discovered I had purchased S4 of The Flintstones so we watched the first 6 episodes of that season. She absolutely loves the opening "Yabba, dabba, doo!" from Fred as he slides down the brontosaurus' back and the ending scene where Fred puts the cat out and the cat jumps through the window and puts *Fred* out! She usually asks "Why doesn't he just go through the window like the cat instead of beating on the door?" :D

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
BobO'Link said:
My youngest granddaughter (4 and a half) discovered I had purchased S4 of The Flintstones so we watched the first 6 episodes of that season. She absolutely loves the opening "Yabba, dabba, doo!" from Fred as he slides down the brontosaurus' back and the ending scene where Fred puts the cat out and the cat jumps through the window and puts *Fred* out! She usually asks "Why doesn't he just go through the window like the cat instead of beating on the door?" :D
Perhaps Fred thought he couldn't fit through the window!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Yesterday was the ninth anniversary of my decision to "cut the cord" (That's cancel my Pay-TV subscription for those of you in Rio Linda!) after seeing an age-inappropriate commercial aired on a kid's show. :angry: Among the dozen + TV Shows I bought afterwards were Lost in Space and Walker, Texas Ranger, so I watched the first episodes of each series. As for what I used the money I saved by doing this all you need to do look at my signature! :laugh:

In 2006 I was spending about $65.00 a month on home video.

Today I'm paying about $65.00 a month on home video.

In 2006 Pay-TV in my area cost $65.00 a month.

Today Pay-TV in my area costs $160.00 a month!

After you subtract the money purchasing home video I'm saving over $1,100 a year by NOT subscribing to a service! :thumbs-up-smiley:

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Since It's October, I've broken out some of my "Spooky" TV Shows. Right now I'm watching The Man in the Bottle episode season two of The Twilight Zone.

I'll be watching episodes from each season of this show tonight, along with episodes from the 1985 and 2002 versions tonight. I'll be watching more sci-fi shows tomorrow, all the way to Halloween.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
So far,
Dr. Kildare season 2
Maverick season 4
Lucy Show season 2
87th Precinct ,
Becker season 4 .
Ripcord season 2 ,
Seinfeld season 5 ,
Wagon Train season 4 ,
Father Knows Best season 5,
Annie Oakley season 1

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
This week:

Twilight Zone - Static, Walking Distance

Run For Your Life - This Town For Sale, One Bad Turn (Strother Martin)

Barnaby Jones - Murder In A Dolls House

It's Your Move - Eli's Song

Leave It To Beaver - In The Soup

Lucy Show - Main Street USA (Mel Torme)

Hogan's Heroes - Who Stole My Copy Of Mein Kampf, Get Fit Or Go Fight, Six Lessons From Madame LeGrange

Batman -The Clock King's Crazy Crimes, The King Gets Crowned.

Mannix - Memory: Zero, Return To Summer Grove, War Of Nerves

UNCLE - The Gazebo In The Maze Affair

Wild Wild West - Night Of Fire And Brimstone, Night OF The Camera

Breaking Bad - Cancer Man, I.F.T. - AKA (Don't ask about the proper title - LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks