What's new

What classic cartoon or childrens shows would you like to see released on DVD? (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Sigmund The Sea Monster
The Real Ghostbusters
The 60s Spiderman Cartoon
Spiderman & His Amazing Friends
Batman The Animated Series

DavidNighorn

Stunt Coordinator
At the risk of exposing my inner-geekhood, how about Mr Rodger's Neighborhood? For the several tribute threads that sprang up when Fred Rodgers died, I figured at least one person would vote for that show. Timeless lessons for children everywhere - no matter how old they are.

David

LeeL

Stunt Coordinator

Wasn't it on either right before or right after the Bay City Rollers show? All I remember for sure was that it had one kick-ass theme song...

I would personally love to see the classic Hanna Barberas done properly, by character (Yogi, Huckleberry Hound, etc), as well as (and how obscure is this?) the Rankin-Bass Wizard of Oz and Pinocchio series. Those were SWEET.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I remember very well the 70s Batman. I would also like to see the other half of that...Tarzan. those 2 shows along with Ark II, Space Acadamy, and Jason of Star Command. One of the things all these shows have in common, they were made by Filmation. I understand Hallmark owns the Filmation library and is taking it to Hell. The only Filmation stuff i have seen released in the last 10 years is Star Trek (animated)...so i assume those rights reverted back to Paramount. I have the animated trek on laser disc but would be more than happy to go DVD.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Hey Warner, how's about instead of these new Scooby Doo direct to video releases, you give me season sets of the original series, if you do I promise to buy all the other Scooby Doo stuff no matter how much it sucks.

I'll also take:
Real Ghostbusters
Teen Age Mutant Ninja Turtles (original)
He-man and She-ra
Hey Vern its Ernest
The Weird Al Show
Muppet Babies
Garfield and Friends
Underdog
HB shorts Yogi Bear Etc.
Square One
California Raisins
Doug
Rugrats
Angry Beavers
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life
Ahhh Real Monsters
Goof Troop
Count Duckula
Danger Mouse
The Adventures of Pete and Pete
Darea (season sets)
Salute Your Shorts
Hey Dude

did I mention Scooby Doo, and how about Scooby Doo? Don't forget Scooby Doo, and if you can't guess from this post I'd also like Scooby Doo.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald

The entire run of the series is currently available in a Region 1 DVD box set from A&E Home Video. MSRP is $99.95, but several online vendors offer it for considerably less (almost half that price, in some cases).

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not one mention for THE RACCOONS. There is a three disc set available but it looks like a pickover set. There also seems to be too few episodes for the price being asked. So.....

The Raccoons in proper chronological season sets. Plus all of the early Raccoon specials.

Some of Nelvana's other early stuff.
Intergalactic Thanksgiving or Please don't eat the planet.
Easter Fever
Cosmic Christmas
The Devil and Daniel Mouse
Rome-O and Julie-8

and one that I believe was titled

Take Me Up to the Ball Game

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Well, I would really love to own these Filmation cartoons on DVD in season format or complete episode DVD's which are:

The Archie Show
Archie's Comedy Hour
Archie's Fun House
Archie's T.V. Funnies
Archie's Bang-Shang Lalapalooza Show
Everything's Archie
Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
Gilligan's Planet
The Groovie Goolies
The Groovie Goolies and Friends
Lassie's Rescue Rangers
New Adventures of Gilligan
The New Adventures of Tom and Jerry
The New Archie/Sabrina Hour
The New Fat Albert Show
Sabrina and the Groovie Goolies
Sabrina The Teenage Witch
Sabrina, Super Witch
U.S. of Archie

Hallmark, please release the above cartoons on DVD in season format.

Well, I would also like to see DIC release all of the episodes of Sabrina - The Animated Series on DVD in season format.

I would really love to see the animated movie called Daffy Duck and Porky Pig Meet the Groovie Goolies on DVD.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

these were filmation, weren't they?
i picked up a tape with the Justie League cartoons on them- for some reason, those were never in any of the syndicated packages i saw thru the years as a kid.
gotta love Ted Knights voice over narration!

i would love to see a huge deluxe boxed set of these!

i wish i could also get a boxed set of Davey & Goliath.
i have one of the single discs, but it only contains a measly 8 shorts- out of probably hundreds.
i used to hate this as a kid and couldn't change the channel fast enough on sunday mornings when this came on, but now, i find it oddly comforting and apprciate the effort that went into the stop motion work.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Isn't a lot of this available on the Cartoon Network sister station, Boom? I had this network for a brief time when I got the Dish (when they open all the channels for a while) and a lot of this stuff, especially shows like Space Ghost, Johnny Quest and other similar stuff, just didn't hold up for me. It is one of those things where my memory of them is so much better than the reality of what they have become since then. They haven't held up nearly as well as the works of Warner Brothers animation from mid 20th Century. To each their own, of course, but a warning to be wary of what you wish for (unless you HAVE seen these and still like them as much as you remember). I think the "reimagining" of these series ala Space Ghost: Coast to Coast and Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law and Sealab 2021 are superior...a good way for nostalgia and humor to mix well.

That said, if Aqua Teen and Space Ghost have discs, whither Harvey and Sealab??

Phil

Drew Reiber

Supporting Actor
First off let me say that season sets for some cartoons are impossible because the episodes ordered can vary from as high as 75 to as low as 5. Better off in volumes by chronological order for most of these.

Captain Power & The Soldiers of the Future
Jayce & The Wheeled Warriors
The Real Ghostbusters / Extreme Ghostbusters (no Slimer episodes, please)
Land of the Lost (70's version, complete)
Ewoks
X-Men (80's pilot, with Dazzler... woo!)
X-Men (90's series, first two seasons only)
Batman (90's series)
Justice League (complete seasons only)
Conan the Adventurer
Darkwing Duck
Tailspin
Gummi Bears
Mighty Max
Ren and Stimpy (with unreleased episodes, material, etc. It's time to grow up and admit this show was never clean)
The Ripping Friends (complete, more underappreciated John K.)
Danger Mouse / Count Duckula
The Tick!!!!!!!!! (why isn't this out yet, boggles the mind)

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

I don't know but man do I feel old because I remember the Bay City Rollers show too, lol. The live action kids shows of the 1970's were great. Kids today don't know what they've missed. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks