What's new

What basic calibrations can I do to hold me over until I get AVIA? (1 Viewer)

Daniel Mc

Agent
I don't have a DVD player yet, so I can't use AVIA. What basic calibrations should I do on my Toshiba 42h81 until I get the player?

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I would suggest that you turn the contrast and brightness down to about 50% and adjust the others to your preference.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Dan,

I would bring your contrast and brightness down to the 30-31 range. Sharpness to 0. Tint to 0 , or less. Color to mid 30's, or higher, depending on your preference for now (according to flesh tone accuracy, per your eye). Turn off ALL Toshiba Flesh Tone and Noise Reduction options.

And get a damn good Component Video cable. I recommend the ZU Megular cable. Not cheap, but it is the best damn cable I have yet to use on my Toshiba 43" RPTV. See Audiogon Auction for a good shot at a decent Megular price.

Don't cheat on the component cable, regardless of what you hear there and everywhere. The ZU Megular has a 60 day return and you would be crazy to pass up an audition. This cable is accurate as HELL. I have been down the road of BetterCables Ultra (Canare), Monster Silver Component @ $200 per 2 meter, and the ZU copper alloy Megular just outperforms these cables by spades. The image detail, color accuracy , and 3D accuracy is film-like. Honestly, the ZU is a step above, and a large one.

Good Luck,

BOK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks