What's new

What are the differences between the Sony CX450 & CX455 Mega Changers? (1 Viewer)

Luke_Y

Second Unit
What are the differences between the Sony CX450 & CX455 Mega Changers? Is the main difference the 2 way remote on the 450?

I think I have decided on one of the Sony 400 CD changers but not sure which one to get. The reason I am not looking at the ES line is I will be using it with the digital out as a transport, so not wanting to pay for the better D/A converter.

BTW, if you would like to point me to some good prices from reliable dealers (Internet or B&M) I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Luke, two key differences are as follows:

* The 'CX450 has the two-way remote, the 'CX455 does not.

* The 'CX455 plays MP3-encoded CDs, the 'CX450 does not.

For more information on the two players, go to www.crutchfield.com . For the best prices by mail, check Oade Bros. (1-229-228-0093 or 1-229-228-4480), J&R Music World (1-800-221-8180), and OneCall (1-800-340-4770). All three are authorized dealers.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Luke, one more thing. Note that if you ever wanted to daisy-chain two Sony megachangers together, you would have to use the analog outputs. If you have a large or rapidly expanding CD collection and think that daisy-chaining might be of interest to you, consider the ES models ('M333ES and 'M555ES). As you said, the ES models do have a better DAC than the non-ES models. I have two older ES 300-disc models daisy-chained and am very pleased with the performance.

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Keith, thanks for the info. It looks like it will be the 455 for me. The remote is a non issue as I will be using a Pronto, and I would like to have the MP3 option.

As to the ES models, hopefully by the time I need more storage I will be able to locate a good deal on an Escient FireBall (it will have to be a GREAT deal though ;) ) The FireBall will control the Sony mega changers (up to 3 through the s-link and digital outs) and it makes an awesome interface for your music collection but I don't have the disposable $ for one right now. :frowning:

Thanks again for the info. If you have a Sony mega changer I would love to hear any issues you have found/work arounds and other tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks