What's new

What are some great games for the PS2? (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I've been out of the gaming scene for a long time (over three years). For awhile, I've been considering getting a PS2, and I'll finally have some extra cash to spare for it in a few weeks (or, at least, I'm hoping I will). I have also considered getting the X-Box or a Game Cube, but decided against them until the amount of great software increases.
So...for a previous gamer that has been out of the loop for awhile...what are some great games I could get for the PS2? If this will help, currently, I like first-person shoot-em-ups, RPGs, and fighting games (e.g. Street Fighter 2). Also...dumb question (please don't flame me)...did Capcom ever make a Street Fighter 3?
blush.gif

------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator
There are more and more PS2 games coming out lately with majority of them being great. Metal Gear Solid 2, Tony Hawk 3, Devil May Cry, Grand Theft Auto 3, ICO, and the list goes on. Capcom just released Capcom vs. SNK 2 for the PS2. As for Street Fighter 3, it was released in arcades a couple of years ago and home versions were brought to the dreamcast. They are pretty much arcade perfect to me.

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
They may not be PS2 games (but of course you can play them on PS2)but Final Fantasy Anthology and Final Fantasy Chronicles are great buys. Between the two that's FF4-6 and Crono Trigger. And at about 50-60 hours of gameplay each that should last you for awhile. For FPS games Quake 3 is out and Half-Life is coming soon I think. Other fighting games for PS1 are Street Fighter Collection 1&2 which I think contains SF2, SF2CE, SF2HF, SSF2, SSF2T, and SF Alpha2. Those to like the Final Fantasy collections should be pretty cheap and the graphics are great.

Dave Rhodes

Auditioning
It may have been already said, but I want to post my two cents. Some great games for the PS2 are: Devil May Cry, Grand Theft Auto 3, Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil - Code: Veronica X (unless you have the Dreamcast version), Ico, Twisted Metal Black, Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, Ridge Racer V, Zone Of the Enders, Street Fighter EX3, Onimusha: Warlords, Metal Gear Soild 2: Sons of Liberty, LeMans 24 Hours (unless you have the Dreamcast version), Guilty Gear X, Capcom Vs. SNK 2, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2, and Spy Hunter. That's just off the top of my head.
Oh, if you do plan to get some fighting games, mainly if you plan on getting Capcom Vs. SNK 2 or Street Fighter EX3, you must get an InterAct Storm Chaser Pad, it has six face buttons and costs $6 less than a PS2 Dual Shock 2. :D
------------------
Dave

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
Metal Gear Solid 2 (FPS ish)
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Turismo 3 Aspec
Tony Hawk 3
ICO
Devil May Cry
Those should get you started, and makes a very nice mix of genres.
Basically the questions shouldnt be what are some good games for ps2, but what are the bad games for ps2, the list is shorter for the latter. And its easier to know what to avoid than to pick from a huge list of what to get.
------------------
- Jason
My DVD Collection | My Home Theater
"what ya got here is two people dragging a third..."

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Thanks for the helpful responses! I think I'll rephrase my question from above: Which games should I stay away from?
------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks