What's new

What are some good speakers? (1 Viewer)

Michael Byrd

Auditioning
I am new to the home theater system world and need some advice on which speaker system to get. I decided to go with the Denon 1803 and have been considering the Energy Take 5.2, Infinity Entra Point Five, or the Mordaunt Short 300 series. None of these are definite, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My room size is 17' by 16' with vaulted ceilings. With this room size do I need a 8" or 10" sub? My price range is around $600 to $700.

Thank you for your comments!
Michael

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
If you are trying to get all the speakers for under 600, then I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find anything better than the Energy Take 5.2....it's a lot of bang for the buck....of course, if you were able to save up a little bit more, I'd say find a way to get some combination of Paradigm bookshelf speakers (Atoms, micros, titans), a paradigm CC170 center, and most importantly, an SVS subwoofer!!! You'd be closer to 1000 with this set up, but if you look on ebay for the paradigm stuff and check for the SVS site for Bstock (hard to find), or else just email Tom and tell him AJ sent you :) Maybe he'll cut you a deal! Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks