What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I have a related Christmas story. My 80 year old grandmother lived with my two maiden aunts. They were sever germaphobes. This was way up North where there is always lots of snow and ice.

Another Aunt and her husband always fixed their turkey for them and delivered it to their house on Christmas Day.

This Christmas, my uncle dropped the roasting pan, the turkey popped out and went racing down the hill in front of their house with my aunt and uncle racing behind it. They caught up to it, dusted it off and the germaphobes were none the wiser! Of course they were not told what had happened!
I would think the road rash Turkey lost a bit of its heat though. 😁

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I was taken off of my dedicated run today, so I had to pick up a load elsewhere. My company told me to give my loaded trailer to another driver, so I can get back on my run tomorrow. Fine, except that the truck stop I’m going to is not reachable- wreck on the interstate, and all lanes blocked. Figures. 😡

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
People who are just dead wood to a company, and they likely have their job because of who they know. I sort of had to do what should have been the job of the dispatcher today- talk to a customer personally so they wouldn’t ship a load on a defective trailer. This guy is useless. 😡

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And with issues for many employers finding any staff at all these days, they're likely to hold on to any living, breathing body that they have on the off chance they might occasionally do something helpful.

I'm not sure what has happened that so many people don't need to work anymore, especially given the high cost of everything, but we still have businesses around here that can't find any employees. We have stores open limited hours or closed some days they didn't used to be closed. Also, restaurants with limited hours, sections of dining rooms closed, or reduced capacity drive-thru access.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Ok, this thread is called "What Annoys You", not "How To stop World Hunger", so here goes:

I purchased the Blu ray set of ST Picard which has 3, or 4,discs. As usual, lately it was packed in a 2 Blu ray case with two discs placed on the same hub. I know we are considered a "dying breed" by some, but shouldn't they still try to please the loyal customers? I am now worried every time I take out a disc that I will damage it. This same configuration also happens with the different "Walking Dead" series.

It really makes no sense. Yesterday I picked up ST Discovery season 4, and found that although it didn't have the slip cover of previous seasons, the 4 discs were in a proper 4 slot case.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Ok, this thread is called "What Annoys You", not "How To stop World Hunger", so here goes:

I purchased the Blu ray set of ST Picard which has 3, or 4,discs. As usual, lately it was packed in a 2 Blu ray case with two discs placed on the same hub. I know we are considered a "dying breed" by some, but shouldn't they still try to please the loyal customers? I am now worried every time I take out a disc that I will damage it. This same configuration also happens with the different "Walking Dead" series.

It really makes no sense. Yesterday I picked up ST Discovery season 4, and found that although it didn't have the slip cover of previous seasons, the 4 discs were in a proper 4 slot case.
I just don't get why there are soooo many different case designs. Just *who* commissions these modified cases and thinks they are a good idea? The distributors/publishers *rarely* seem to take into consideration what, IMHO, the majority of collectors seem to want - which is a basic, standard, case - no stacking hubs, no overlapping discs, no paper pages/slots, no digipak. With the proper page design it's possible to get 6-8 discs in any standard size BR/DVD case.

HubbaBubbaKid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Frankie
And with issues for many employers finding any staff at all these days, they're likely to hold on to any living, breathing body that they have on the off chance they might occasionally do something helpful.

I'm not sure what has happened that so many people don't need to work anymore, especially given the high cost of everything, but we still have businesses around here that can't find any employees. We have stores open limited hours or closed some days they didn't used to be closed. Also, restaurants with limited hours, sections of dining rooms closed, or reduced capacity drive-thru access.

the internet is mainly what happened. its not that they don’t need to work anymore , for some yes, for many no. there are so many more options to make money than the old days of mainly retail / restaurants for many people especially the young that staff these jobs you speak of and are computer saavy (which many are). many are working but not in retail/ restaurants anymore. many of the young that usually staff these type jobs have decided that the increased stress (bc of increased rude customers , managers, etc.) isn’t worth it even with better pay & benefits and have looked elsewhere . many have left the workforce altogether ( retired early during covid, decided life was too short , changed jobs , etc) & others have made $ during covid thru the market, crypto, or saved up government checks and are living off that until they find what they want . smart companies are realizing that it takes more than $ & benefits to keep people, especially the good ones ( mainly how by how you treat your employees) . the good companies already knew this but the fast turnover industry like retail , restaurants ,& customer service who thought that ”accept our way or we’ll replace you bc theres plenty of people that we can get“ are having a rude wakeup call .— but i’m sure that you knew this already . 🙂

Last edited:

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The phrase, "I was today years old ... ," and the people that use it.

I have never heard that one, so I had to look it up. It's a good thing I did. If anyone ever said or posted it to me I'd say "wut?".

A thing I find annoying is that people can't get with the program when it comes to stating the current year. IMO, the year we are currently in is properly stated as Twenty twenty-two, and not Two thousand twenty-two. A hundred years ago, it was nineteen twenty-two, not one thousand, nine hundred twenty-two. I can cut some slack on using two thousand during the 'o' years, but we are long past that.

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
I have never heard that one, so I had to look it up. It's a good thing I did. If anyone ever said or posted it to me I'd say "wut?".

A thing I find annoying is that people can't get with the program when it comes to stating the current year. IMO, the year we are currently in is properly stated as Twenty twenty-two, and not Two thousand twenty-two. A hundred years ago, it was nineteen twenty-two, not one thousand, nine hundred twenty-two. I can cut some slack on using two thousand during the 'o' years, but we are long past that.

I was going to make a snarky reply, but it's almost one-two and time for lunch!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
IMHO it just sounds stupid - there are *much* better, more concise, and accurate ways of saying the same thing. If I heard it I'd likely get snarky and toss out a few... Of course I'm sure my "elders" said much the same about many of the phrases my age group used when young...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks