What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
That reminds me of an annoyance...

People who think Miracle Whip and mayonnaise are interchangeable and "the same thing." They are not. Miracle Whip is good... mayo is not so good - especially on a sandwich.
I agree that they are not "the same thing"; however, I prefer mayonnaise to Miracle Whip. My wife prefers Miracle Whip, so we have that in the fridge to put on sandwiches. We also have mayonnaise, as there are certain recipes that call for it, and, chemically speaking, Miracle Whip is inadequate for cooking. If I'm making myself a sandwich that calls for it, I'll use mayo instead of MW.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Sounds like the argument about refrigerating Heinz Ketchup. I was born in Leamington Ontario (no hospital in Ruthvin), which at the time was the Heinz capital of Canada. — no refrigeration for us! I still shutter when I bite into something hot, and find the ice cold ketchup on it!

Well, in Canada, refrigeration is never necessary. It's cold enough as it is. :D

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
My company had a trailer that cost $2,800 to fix a few days ago- the brakes caught fire. All new brakes and drums were put on the trailer. OK, so they ask me to go pick up this trailer, and finish running the load that another driver started. I did the usual pre-trip, and discovered one of the tires was crap- uneven tread, flat spots, and cupping. I immediately got annoyed that, with all the other work that was done, this tire was left on the trailer, so I stopped at a tire place yesterday, and got this tire, and another questionable tire swapped out. I immediately made up my mind that I have to just go away for a week, to visit family and friends near Philly and NYC. I kind of lied to dispatch when I told them I needed the week off, and they bought my reason.
I will feel like a new man when I get behind the wheel of my Charger, and start driving the 600 miles to get to my friend’s place.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Unplug the power cord. If it still comes on, then you'll know it's a ghost. 👻

Did someone accidentally turn on the on/off timer? Below is from a Toshiba manual, but I don't know it it applies exactly to your set.

View attachment 155076
Thanks anyway, but this set of instructions does not match our TV. We are going to look through our files for the instructions, which I am sure we have. By the way, the TV was on again this morning.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
So, OK, I understand that Ian's devastation in the Deep South is tragic and on-going, but has everyone completely forgotten about Fiona taking out Puerto Rico? Or is that just so two weeks go, now let's get to the new "assault on the US" (as Lester Holt put it). Like it or not, PR is part of the US, and its citizens are US citizens, and their tragedy -- they still haven't fully recovered from Maria five years ago -- is no less deserving of our continued attention than is what's happening in Florida and the Carolinas.

Tonight's NBC news reminded me of this, not only when Lester Holt said what I quoted above, but in his final segment, he went on about how stories of tragedy like this tend to get forgotten. Hey, Lester, you're the media! It's your job not to let these things get forgotten!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Malcolm R said:

Unplug the power cord. If it still comes on, then you'll know it's a ghost. 👻

Did someone accidentally turn on the on/off timer? Below is from a Toshiba manual, but I don't know it it applies exactly to your set.
Thanks anyway, but this set of instructions does not match our TV. We are going to look through our files for the instructions, which I am sure we have. By the way, the TV was on again this morning.
Unplugging the power cord didn't work? :unsure:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
That can be considered false advertising - I'd call them out on it and threaten to report them to the FTC (and I've done that - called them out and they gave me the item at the sale price).

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I’m annoyed and saddened but also a bit amused listening to the grown woman in the next booth arguing with her preteen kid over the kid’s cellphone usage.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Here’s a good one: When I turn a corner going home from getting a quick breakfast and don’t think about the Sonic bag sitting open on the passenger seat, it tips over, and tots go flying out into the floor and down beside the seat. Those tot containers should come with a closable lid like BK’s chicken fries.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I see a book I'm interested in on ebay, for sale at the Buy It Now price of $19.99, but if I want to buy multiple copies, it's $17.59 each. And it's got a "Make Offer" option. I make a few offers, figuring it's starting at a lowball. My last offer was $17.60 and it was still automatically rejected.

At that point, why even have a "Make Offer" option?

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Why are there so many commercials with really bad children? We have a car company advertising, on the radio, how well made their cars are. Then we hear a temper tantrum from a child who is slamming the car door over and over. She says she will do it a “gillion” times if she has to, to get her way. Do people think this is funny? I just want to see her get a spanking.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Paulina Porizkova.

feel good, love myself, still got it, don't be ashamed, age isn't everything, nude, clothed, poolside, in the kitchen, on the ceiling, filtered, unfiltered bikini, rerto 80's dress, love thyself, eating an apple-- instagram pics.

That make the news feed across every major platform online nearly every day.

We get it. For an old lady she is attractive. Kind of picked up on that after the second insta photo 4 years ago. 839 "selfies" later and it is still breaking news...along with a write up of why that is.

She is either the most vapid, self centered, conceited, aging model in the history of the world, or is looking to hold that title with relative ease. And these idiotic news outlets that enable her

Go away.

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Ordered a center spearker off Amazon for $xxx and then they knock off $150 the next day...why do they do that??? They've done that on BDs that I've bought in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks