What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I consider myself computer literate, but like the immediacy and human contact of a phone call when talking to a company.

On the other had, all companies seem desperate for me to use their websites. I just called my insurance company and in addition to having me push a lot of numbers, they told me over and over about the benefits of their website and constantly recited it’s address.

I don’t think I’m special, but I have yet to go on one of these sites and find my problem answered. God forbid I agree to interact with their robotic receptionist. The one for Rogers suggested such edifying solutions as unplugging and plugging in the modem!

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Which reminds me...I'm annoyed by the incessant request to answer surveys about customer service. "It only takes a few minutes." Sure, but if I responded to everyone who asked, I'd be spending a lot more of my precious minutes on something I really don't want to do. It's not my job to do performance reviews for your employees.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Another weather service annoyance. How, with a landfalling Category 3 or 4 hurricane pushing a storm surge of up to 10-12 feet and dropping potentially 15 inches of rain, is no one under a "high" risk of flooding? Only a "moderate" 40% chance of any flooding throughout Florida. :rolleyes:

1664309432280.png

EDIT: They've updated the map, but it still seems like the entire state should be in the "high" category.

1664320606105.png

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
This might have been mentioned before, but people involved in a minor fender bender or love tap from behind and decide they need to sit in the middle of the damn street, highway, intersection, etc… and completely muck up traffic while they wait for the police to arrive and inevitably tell them to move their car out of the road.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Traffic information gantry signs in Memphis that for the past year have just read “Slow down Memphis”. At least the gantry signs along I-40 in West Memphis, Arkansas have warned about I-55S being closed to one lane. That must really piss off the “click it or ticket” guy.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Went out to eat Mexican after work. I got two Dos Equis ambers but for round three, they only had Bud Light and Ass with an Orange Peel (Blue Moon) left on tap. Dos Equis was out. Boo! I opted to go with Bud Light and then remembered how bad it tastes and why I never drink it.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
SPAM was a staple in the mid-80s when I was in Boy Scouts. We also used to eat fried SPAM sandwiches for dinner growing up, only I don’t like tomato so mine was just SPAM and miracle whip on bread.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I like Spam®. When my wife makes a salad for me to take to lunch @ work, she often cuts up cubes of Spam® and adds it. When I was going to college in the mid to late 1970's, it was a time where you really could work your way through school by working in the summer and maybe working a part time job during school. However, times were often lean and I subsisted on boxes of store-brand macaroni and cheese (4 boxes for a dollar then) with either weenies or Spam® cubed up and added. Good times.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
SPAM was a staple in the mid-80s when I was in Boy Scouts. We also used to eat fried SPAM sandwiches for dinner growing up, only I don’t like tomato so mine was just SPAM and miracle whip on bread.
That reminds me of an annoyance...

People who think Miracle Whip and mayonnaise are interchangeable and "the same thing." They are not. Miracle Whip is good... mayo is not so good - especially on a sandwich.

My family is a Miracle Whip family. You will not find "mayo" in my fridge. Growing up we called Miracle Whip "mayo" (a huge mistake!) which lead to an incident at a school picnic where people were making sandwiches to order for our lunch. I got to the head of the line and was asked "Mayo or mustard" on my baloney and cheese sandwich. I answered "Mayo - and lots of it!" getting exactly what I asked for (at that time I didn't know there was a difference). I sit down, take a bite, and just about gag as it's *mayo* which has a completely different flavor than Miracle Whip! I scraped that junk off my sandwich. Worst part is my mom was standing right by the lady who made that sandwich, heard the exchange, *knew* it wasn't Miracle Whip, *knew* I'd not like it, and let her do it anyway. In all fairness, I didn't like mustard on such a sandwich either so... These days if a sandwich place doesn't have Miracle Whip (an outrage!!) I'll just mix mayo and mustard which works well enough...

And my daughter, in spite of growing up in a house that never, ever, had "mayo" in the fridge now prefers mayo to Miracle Whip... Sigh... Where did I go wrong?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That reminds me of an annoyance...

People who think Miracle Whip and mayonnaise are interchangeable and "the same thing." They are not. Miracle Whip is good... mayo is not so good - especially on a sandwich.

My family is a Miracle Whip family. You will not find "mayo" in my fridge. Growing up we called Miracle Whip "mayo" (a huge mistake!) which lead to an incident at a school picnic where people were making sandwiches to order for our lunch. I got to the head of the line and was asked "Mayo or mustard" on my baloney and cheese sandwich. I answered "Mayo - and lots of it!" getting exactly what I asked for (at that time I didn't know there was a difference). I sit down, take a bite, and just about gag as it's *mayo* which has a completely different flavor than Miracle Whip! I scraped that junk off my sandwich. Worst part is my mom was standing right by the lady who made that sandwich, heard the exchange, *knew* it wasn't Miracle Whip, *knew* I'd not like it, and let her do it anyway. In all fairness, I didn't like mustard on such a sandwich either so... These days if a sandwich place doesn't have Miracle Whip (an outrage!!) I'll just mix mayo and mustard which works well enough...

And my daughter, in spite of growing up in a house that never, ever, had "mayo" in the fridge now prefers mayo to Miracle Whip... Sigh... Where did I go wrong?
Picky eater.:D Just kidding as the taste for Mayo and Miracle Whip are quite different and completely understand why some people don't like the taste of either of them.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Sounds like the argument about refrigerating Heinz Ketchup. I was born in Leamington Ontario (no hospital in Ruthvin), which at the time was the Heinz capital of Canada. — no refrigeration for us! I still shutter when I bite into something hot, and find the ice cold ketchup on it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks