What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I for one have absolutely no interest what so ever in end credits, and really like the skip feature. When the end credits started to list the food service people, I lost what little interest I ever had. I really like how movies ended in the classic era. THE END -- now flip on the lights!

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
The Target and Amazon B2G1 sales . . . by the time I can find three similarly priced items, something's either sold out or pulled from the sale.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
"Linen" scented anything. I bought a huge box of garbage bags at BJ's Wholesale a while back and failed to notice they were scented bags with linen scent. Fortunately, the smell is not too strong and you only really notice it the first couple of days when opening the lid after putting in a new bag.

I don't know why so many people seem to want things to smell like laundry detergent.

Last edited:

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
"Linen" scented anything. I bought a huge bag of garbage bags at BJ's Wholesale a while back and failed to notice they were scented bags with linen scent. Fortunately, the smell is not too strong and you only really notice it the first couple of days when opening the lid after putting in a new bag.

I don't know why so many people seem to want things to smell like laundry detergent.
It is a little more appealing then the smell of garbage, but I take your point.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The current "trend" of correctly spelled words being underlined in red. I've found the only way to get rid of this, is by clicking on the end of the underlined word and hitting the space bar once, which means also having to backspace once after that.

This drives me nucking futs!!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The current "trend" of correctly spelled words being underlined in red. I've found the only way to get rid of this, is by clicking on the end of the underlined word and hitting the space bar once, which means also having to backspace once after that.

This drives me nucking futs!!

Why would correctly spelled words be treated as wrong with that underline?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Trying to purchase ink for my new EPSON WF-3820 printer; I go to EPSON's site (they insist that you use only their brand of ink), select the ink I want (single black, and color three-pack), and go to checkout. I put my email address in as a guest, and go to enter my name and address; according to EPSON's site, the address I put does not match the way the Postal Service has it, and the site suggests the edits they made (saying it as Rd [I put it as Road], and putting 9797 [last four digits of my ZIP code] after 29644 [I said it as simply 29644]).

The problem is, even after I decide to accept that change, the site will not let me pass that screen (I click on Use These Changes, and it still forbids me to move beyond that screen); I don't know if the site has a bug in it, or some other nefarious thing.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Trying to purchase ink for my new EPSON WF-3820 printer; I go to EPSON's site (they insist that you use only their brand of ink), select the ink I want (single black, and color three-pack), and go to checkout. I put my email address in as a guest, and go to enter my name and address; according to EPSON's site, the address I put does not match the way the Postal Service has it, and the site suggests the edits they made (saying it as Rd [I put it as Road], and putting 9797 [last four digits of my ZIP code] after 29644 [I said it as simply 29644]).

The problem is, even after I decide to accept that change, the site will not let me pass that screen (I click on Use These Changes, and it still forbids me to move beyond that screen); I don't know if the site has a bug in it, or some other nefarious thing.
Sounds like a bug to me.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
What pisses me off is all the streaming services that don’t let you turn off auto-play, GD it! Combine that with the fact that different services use different keys to back out of auto-play, and it really sucks. Lemme just watch the end-credits, would ya!

I'm with you. If the services aren't willing to have watch-the-credits-through be the default, they should at least give us the option of selecting that as our default. I mean, I can select "English subtitles on" (and even what size and color they are) as my personal default, why can't I select "watch all the credits"?

Further, it torques my shorts that every service has its own user remote interface, and that they all suck. It would be nice if they all just got together to create one single UI that they all implement. It'll still suck, but at least we won't have to try and remember which service we're on so we don't have to recall whether we have to up-arrow, down-arrow, left-arrow, or right-arrow in order to watch all the credits.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Why do they think you should want to skip the end titles and go right into the next story?

I would guess that they themselves find credits to be uninformative, useless, and a pain in the ass to sit through, and therefore assume that everyone else feels the same way.

Then again, broadcast and most cable channels squish the end credits into an unreadable box so that they can (a) explain to you why some other show on their network is worth watching, or (b) get you to buy a new car, and while you're at it, buy another one for your spouse. So, I expect "not watching the credits" has primarily become the standard when watching TV, and people who want to watch them must have a screw loose.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I would guess that they themselves find credits to be uninformative, useless, and a pain in the ass to sit through, and therefore assume that everyone else feels the same way.

Then again, broadcast and most cable channels squish the end credits into an unreadable box so that they can (a) explain to you why some other show on their network is worth watching, or (b) get you to buy a new car, and while you're at it, buy another one for your spouse. So, I expect "not watching the credits" has primarily become the standard when watching TV, and people who want to watch them must have a screw loose.
I’m in the “I’d rather skip the end credits if I can” camp. I also like that a lot of shows allow me to skip the recap and intro to each episode as well.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Have you tried ordering the ink through Staples, Office Depot, Amazon, etc…?

Haven't tried Staples or Office Depot, but have tried Amazon-- Amazon does not offer the EPSON-brand ink that EPSON requires; they only offer the off-brand versions of that ink that EPSON says will not work.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Haven't tried Staples or Office Depot, but have tried Amazon-- Amazon does not offer the EPSON-brand ink that EPSON requires; they only offer the off-brand versions of that ink that EPSON says will not work.
Is there some reason you have an inkjet printer instead of a laser printer? Ink is notoriously expensive and, in my experience, Epson printers are the worst on the market. Unless they've changed to a model where the print head is built into the cartridge or is easily replaceable don't *ever* let that print head clog... basically make sure to print a page using all the colors at least once a week if not more often.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
So, I expect "not watching the credits" has primarily become the standard when watching TV, and people who want to watch them must have a screw loose.

I think also that they (Netflix) have a screw loose, because if I ran a streaming service, I would have not made the UI to where it automatically skipped the end titles (just my opinion here).

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Here’s an annoyance: Legitimate websites that hijack my browser and demand I disable my adblocker to view the site. I can’t go back a page or close the often full-page notice. The only way out is to force kill Safari. My answer to this heavy-handed and ridiculous tactic is always the same too:

1: No.
2: I’ll add your site to my whitelist if you ask nicely.
3: But you didn’t so you can go get bent.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Here’s an annoyance: Legitimate websites that hijack my browser and demand I disable my adblocker to view the site. I can’t go back a page or close the often full-page notice. The only way out is to force kill Safari. My answer to this heavy-handed and ridiculous tactic is always the same too:

1: No.
2: I’ll add your site to my whitelist if you ask nicely.
3: But you didn’t so you can go get bent.

I don't blame you for feeling that way-- that would bother me too, being told to let ads slow my browsing down in order to be able to see any website.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
While I’m annoyed, here’s a good one.

My car tags are due for renewal by the end of this month. I normally renew them online with no issues, however, the past two years, the tax collector where I used to live has become too lazy to do their job and report my personal property taxes to the state DFA as paid so I’ve had to take my renewal notice and my receipt from paying my taxes to the revenue office and waste a good two hours of my time for a three minute transaction. Double this frustration because I have to do the same with my wife’s car tags then mine are due for renewal three months later.

So I’m still testing Covid positive and can’t go sit in the ultra-crowded revenue office waiting room to show proof that I’ve been paying my taxes so I can renew my tags.

At least beginning this year, I’m paying taxes in a new county to a new tax collector and can actually do it online and don’t have to take a day off work to go to the courthouse and stand in line.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks