What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
We're going to be out of our apartment for most of next week, due to necessary asbestos removal happening on our floor! We're staying in a hotel within the city most of the week, but have about a 6 hour gap between 11 AM Friday checkout and being able to reenter our building after 5 PM, when hopefully, everything will be done on schedule! Fun times!!

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
After a year or two when they seemed to give up, the ANTS are on the march again! Every room my wife goes into seems to have one. I stomp, she uses a hand vac and a toilet. I have sprayed around the house and put traps at every place I can think of. A couple of years ago, she pored her favourite cereal, only to see tons of ants frantically swimming for dear life when she poured on the milk!

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I hope that's not a bad omen for us. We moved into our house in December 2018. The summers of 2019 and 2020 we got swarmed with ants. Put down traps, etc., resulting in lots of carcasses. Last summer, we hardly got any. The other day, my wife mentioned that she killed an ant in one of the rooms, and hoped it wasn't a bad sign. The last couple of days we haven't seen any others, so...fingers crossed.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
We're going to be out of our apartment for most of next week, due to necessary asbestos removal happening on our floor! We're staying in a hotel within the city most of the week, but have about a 6 hour gap between 11 AM Friday checkout and being able to reenter our building after 5 PM, when hopefully, everything will be done on schedule! Fun times!!

A small price to pay to get that poisonous crap out of there.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
The master bath tub in our old place used a shower rod that you twist to extend and make it fit your shower opening. It probably came loose and fell about once a year.

That's what I have. I'm sure they have rods of varying quality but they all work the same way. I came across something called a wall mount holder that sticks to the wall with an adhesive backing and holds the rods in place. I bought a pair and am now a lot more confident the rod won't slide off.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
That's what I have. I'm sure they have rods of varying quality but they all work the same way. I came across something called a wall mount holder that sticks to the wall with an adhesive backing and holds the rods in place. I bought a pair and am now a lot more confident the rod won't slide off.
That is probably what we have, but each has a screw in the centre.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Sorry to hear that a lot of folks are having this ant issue. It's been especially bad for me this year as well.

Other than the ant traps (which may help somewhat on the interior) here is an idea that may deter/eliminate (at least temporarily) the ants around the exterior of the house. This can take care of not only the ant-hills, but also the places where they enter the home:

I've had some luck when I've doused these areas with a combination of water & dishwashing liquid (boiling hot water may work better than cold water). IMHO this is safer than using strong chemicals, and shouldn't harm your vegetation:

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My new climate control is up and running. Cost $7,414. Oh, well- it will be nice to get back this weekend, and have air conditioning. 😁
Silver lining is that the original estimate seemed pretty close, so apparently there were no additional unwelcome surprises.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
What pisses me off is all the streaming services that don’t let you turn off auto-play, GD it! Combine that with the fact that different services use different keys to back out of auto-play, and it really sucks. Lemme just watch the end-credits, would ya!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I saw a commercial for some service yesterday that was promoting how to "skip the credits" on their service. So skipping the credits and going immediately to the next episode seems to be sold as a desired feature.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I saw a commercial for some service yesterday that was promoting how to "skip the credits" on their service. So skipping the credits and going immediately to the next episode seems to be sold as a desired feature.

Why do they think you should want to skip the end titles and go right into the next story?

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
What pisses me off is all the streaming services that don’t let you turn off auto-play, GD it! Combine that with the fact that different services use different keys to back out of auto-play, and it really sucks. Lemme just watch the end-credits, would ya!
Also, TV shows that have the split screen end credits except for the final episode that closes out the season!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks