What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I might have relayed this story before, maybe even in this thread, but here it is anyway...

I saw a road sign like the one pictured on the side of the interstate with the message to "Keep Your Eyes on the Road". The irony of having the sign placed on the shoulder must have escaped them.

YES!

It is the same irony which has the signs tell people traveling on roads to "stay home."

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Cheap Charts cluttering up their sales lists with ”bargains” that are 1 penny off. Midsommar and Hereditary for $22.98 instead of $22.99 - oh yeah! Sign me up! \s

Makes The Expendables 1, 2 and 3 for $19.97 instead of $19.99 look like a real bargain.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Cheap Charts cluttering up their sales lists with ”bargains” that are 1 penny off. Midsommar and Hereditary for $22.98 instead of $22.99 - oh yeah! Sign me up! \s

Makes The Expendables 1, 2 and 3 for $19.97 instead of $19.99 look like a real bargain.
I'm with you 100%, Mike. That's so ridiculous!
Good-Grief-Blog-1.jpg

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’m reading a post on HTF. Something seems off. The posts seem like they’re referring to a subject that’s kinda old, but the posts think it’s recent. Then DOH! I notice this is a resurrected thread from the dawn of man. It irritates me that my powers of obersvation don’t catch this for 2-3 minutes.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
More Amazon bitching, because I can't find the link to bitch at them directly.

The background is that I only order one item at a time to maximize my chances at slow shipping digital credits. Unfortunately, that plan hasn't really been panning out as none of my shipping options trigger a credit. But with Prime, it doesn't hurt to try.

There were three orders that got combined into one shipment - a blu-ray that was preordered on May 10 and released on May 12, and two Switch games ordered on May 17.

I get a notice that they are scheduled to arrive by 9 PM on May 19. Finally at 8 PM, they change it to say they won't be able to make it. Based on the tracking, their driver didn't bother to pick it up from the facility. Rescheduled for May 20 (today) by 9 PM. As I'm finishing up dinner, I get the alert on my phone that it's 10 stops away. I follow the tracking, until there is none.

Still no items. Now there's a message that something got damaged and they'll have to try again.

Maybe if they had picked it up and delivered it yesterday, it wouldn't have gotten damaged today.

What's also funny is I ordered another blu-ray that arrived yesterday, but as I was checking out on that order, it said I needed to choose the "ship in Amazon packaging" option so the item would not be visible to everyone. Are they seriously just slapping a shipping label on a blu ray case?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
What's also funny is I ordered another blu-ray that arrived yesterday, but as I was checking out on that order, it said I needed to choose the "ship in Amazon packaging" option so the item would not be visible to everyone. Are they seriously just slapping a shipping label on a blu ray case?
That’s gotta be a glitch. They have to ship a blu ray in a container.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
How on any day when I have outgoing mail, the mailman never seems to come to my house. Not sure if it's an odd coincidence, or on purpose.

Another downside to work-at-home. Previously, I always just took my outgoing mail to the office and tossed it in the box there.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Sorry in advance for the following, but I've been unable to find a more appropriate thread to post this, so here goes:

Lately, I've been having a lot of trouble posting new topics on HTF, which seems to be some weird cache issue on my end.

However now, I can't even find the "Post A New Topic" button (Or anything along that line!) ANYWHERE! Could a MOD please kindly enlighten me as to where I have to navigate to find it?

CHEERS! :)

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
The aforementioned Amazon package arrived today, and I don't see any signs of damage. 99% sure it's the exact same package that didn't get delivered last night. It also came with another package, about 20 minutes after a different Amazon shipment arrived.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sorry in advance for the following, but I've been unable to find a more appropriate thread to post this, so here goes:

Lately, I've been having a lot of trouble posting new topics on HTF, which seems to be some weird cache issue on my end.

However now, I can't even find the "Post A New Topic" button (Or anything along that line!) ANYWHERE! Could a MOD please kindly enlighten me as to where I have to navigate to find it?

CHEERS! :)

At the top of ANY thread page, Tony. Look for the blue box that says "POST THREAD"

You can find that same blue box at the top of any forum index page.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Why would you need a Roku app on your TV to watch Head of the Class? Is it on a streaming service that isn’t available on TV?

Roku TV in one room, Non Smart TV in the other with Apple TV connected to it . Roku Has an Apple TV App so, I guess I figured apple TV would have a Roku Tv Channel app. No such luck

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Why would you need a Roku app on your TV to watch Head of the Class? Is it on a streaming service that isn’t available on TV?
Roku TV in one room, Non Smart TV in the other with Apple TV connected to it . Roku Has an Apple TV App so, I guess I figured apple TV would have a Roku Tv Channel app. No such luck
That's what you get for applying simple logic! ;)

CH3EERS! :)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's what you get for applying simple logic! ;)

CH3EERS! :)

:rolling-smiley:So I have discovered. Its alright my friend. The good News is Warner Archive has announced Season 1 of Head of the Class which I Preordered. If they release all 5 Seasons, all I will need is the last 2 of Mayberry RFD and what annoys me in life will be reduced by 25 percent

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
This is definitely a 1st world problem, but annoying none the less. —

Our modest 3 level house has been almost completely outfitted with Google home minis and Google hubs. This was really handy when my wife broke her arm recently. We also have A Nest doorbell Nest thermostat, Roomba, Garage door, and just about every light fixture either has a Globe smart bulb or is plugged into a Wemo outlet. Everything usually works perfectly through Google. You just say “Hey Google”, and ask it to play a radio station, turn on lights, adjust the thermostat etc.

Last Saturday, our Google hub did not wake us up as usual. When talked to it said “can’t reach wifi”. About 1/2 the lights do not work. Wifi seems to come and go at will.

I have been on the internet for hours (when it works). And on the phone with my cable provider who assured me that their equipment says nothing is wrong. Because of Coved, the next step, which is to have a technician out, can’t happen.

We have days when everything seems to work, and days when only 1/2 lights go on on command.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks