What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I get ticked when I”m streaming a show on Netflix or prime or wherever, and I have to take action if I want to watch the credits, which I commonly do. Watch Frasier and every episode has a short scene that accents the show, but every time I have to curser around in order to watch it.

Why do they do this? It pisses me off.

You're not alone-- The Guardian in England seems to think so as well:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ok, and I expect a flood of sympathy over this one:
I spend time first thing in the morning getting the curled ends of my handlebar moustache to look perfect. Then we go shopping and wear masks. Now I have a dead spider on my upper lip! :wacko:
Life is tough. :eek:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
You just need to go bigger, so it's outside the mask:

1592838382963.png

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
At this very moment it annoys me that I can’t put all the forums at “read all” on my iPad.
It was under “What’s new” -> “New posts”, but not anymore.

dit I miss it someplace else?
Maybe under "Tools"?

saraei

Auditioning
Real Name
Ann
Shelly Alexandian's voice on her radio ads is terrible. I try to get to the radio in time to switch it off. With her wealth she should consider hiring a voice artist to do them instead.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
She drives me absolutely crazy to the point that I will never even go into an Alexanian store. I make sure I mute or ff through her tv commercials and you hear a lot of “hey google, stop streaming the radio” around here.

saraei

Auditioning
Real Name
Ann
She drives me absolutely crazy to the point that I will never even go into an Alexanian store. I make sure I mute or ff through her tv commercials and you hear a lot of “hey google, stop streaming the radio” around here.
I couldn't agree more. I try to get to the radio and shut her up.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I suspect this is a bit too local Toronto for most people here. If you are interested, stream CFRB 1010 (or News/Talk radio) for about an hour, you’re sure to hear her commercials.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Sounds just as annoying as Geraldine Ferraro's voice. (Ferraro was Walter Mondale's vice presidential pick in the 1984 presidential elections).

saraei

Auditioning
Real Name
Ann
I agree, she was on the radio today and I switched it off. She must be cheap not to pay an advertising firm to do it instead.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I agree, she was on the radio today and I switched it off. She must be cheap not to pay an advertising firm to do it instead.

She could also be a clueless "millennial" or genY'er, trying to "build their own brand" independently and eschewing the ad "experts".

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The measured voice she uses here does not represent the witches cackle she uses in her commercials.
I recall thinking that Shelley Alexanian didn't sound that bad in the 5 minute video clip, at least for the most part. On the other hand, I did find the brunette kind of annoying, though.

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAVS