What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Having to serve jury duty this week. I would much rather be at work getting things done.
Not to mention getting paid. I don't know about your State of Arkansas, but Ontario is about the worst Province in Canada, in terms of providing their jurors financial compensation. I was really glad that the Mrs didn't end up having to serve this past winter!

CHEERS! :)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Not to mention getting paid. I don't know about your State of Arkansas, but Ontario is about the worst Province in Canada, in terms of providing their jurors financial compensation. I was really glad that the Mrs didn't end up having to serve this past winter!

This is federal jury duty and the compensation is (I think) $50/day. The last time I served, it was county jury duty and it paid closer to $15/day.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
This is federal jury duty and the compensation is (I think) $50/day. The last time I served, it was county jury duty and it paid closer to $15/day.
In Ontario, jurors are usually paid $40starting only on the 11th day of trial, which increases to $100 a day if the trail goes longer than 50 days. For the Stafford trial, jurors are being paid $40a day from the outset and will have their compensation increased to $100a day as of the 25th day of trial.Mar 6, 2012

I believe the current figures are still the same as above! :rolleyes:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Over half the month gone and STILL no mail service for our building due to the unrepaired mail room door! An email and multiple phone calls haven't led to any satisfactory answers as to when/if this problem will be properly dealt with!

Winter's coming, and the idea of having to trudge over a mile each way, and/or rely on our son Kyle to drive one of us to the loading area of a postal depot that's closed after 6 PM, and closed on weekends, isn't at all appealing, PFFT!!!! :(

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Trying to activate a replacement bank card and the automated system says my account number is invalid. Now I have to take time out of my busy day tomorrow to try to wade through the phone system and reach a live person who will undoubtedly tell me I have to call the automated phone system to activate the card.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Trying to activate a replacement bank card and the automated system says my account number is invalid. Now I have to take time out of my busy day tomorrow to try to wade through the phone system and reach a live person who will undoubtedly tell me I have to call the automated phone system to activate the card.

Then try to explain (as tactfully and politely as possible) that what the live person is directing you to do is exactly what you did, and that you ran into the roadblock of having an invalid number according to that automated system. If that gets you nowhere, I think I'd go up to the bank branch and ask for help from them.

(This is just my stab at advice in this matter; hope it works!)

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Then try to explain (as tactfully and politely as possible) that what the live person is directing you to do is exactly what you did, and that you ran into the roadblock of having an invalid number according to that automated system. If that gets you nowhere, I think I'd go up to the bank branch and ask for help from them.

(This is just my stab at advice in this matter; hope it works!)
Yep. I’ve been down this road before. I just forgot what a PITA it was.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
This was in my fortune cookie. I quit. I want off this ride.

933BB932-D01A-4964-B85D-A27AAA028031.jpeg

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
115_MQ_Wireless_Index_Desktop.jpg

A picture on AT&T wireless plans webpage.

It's not so much annoying as it is sad that the world is turning into this being the "norm". Two people on a date perhaps but both are wrapped up in their phones and not talking to each other.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
People who don't spoiler information that could be considered a spoiler, especially in a thread that's only tangentially connected.
A post in the Time Tunnel on BR thread contained a spoiler for S3 of Man in the High Castle. I've avoided the MITHC thread for just that reason as I've not yet seen the season and don't want to know anything that happens until I actually have time to watch it.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
How do you "accidentally" overdose on the following?

Fentanyl, alcohol and cocaine.

That's what the report says in the report on the death on some random rapper guy who died.

Really now? You accidentally mix these items thinking, "Oh it'll be fine!". Nope, sorry, that's not an "accident". You did it intentionally and DIED you dumbass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks