What's new

What amps do you like with M&K? (1 Viewer)

neil ranney

Auditioning
I am making the move to separates from a denon 2800 reciever buy adding a 5ch amp. I have M&k S-125s up front and SS-150s in the rear, same drives as the S-150s but have fewer of them. All these are 4 ohm speakers. I'm looking for a 5 channel amp that puts out about 200 watts into 4 ohms. Some that i have started to look into are the Bryston 9BST and the Theta Intrepid. Price range is $1500-2000 used or new. Let me know what amplifiers you think mate well with M&K speakers. thanks

Neil

KeithR

Second Unit
Neil,

M&K uses Bryston for their demos according to them. That said, there are deals on Sherbourn amps (200/8ohms, 300/4ohms all mono design) that are supposedly 98% of the 9BST for much, much less money (list 2k, street is 1200). I just ordered one, and we will see. I would think the Theta would be ok too, but I would skip over the Intrepid and go towards a used Dreadnaught I (albeit much more expensive). Another option is the Pass Labs X-5, although used they would be in the $2500 arena. I am going the S150 route soon, and will order the fronts this week hopefully.

Regards,

Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks